• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

xcal2 and datalogging

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Yeah... I used the live link software. Getting the laptop to recognize the xcal was the biggest problem, but once you get that down it is very simple.

Make sure you get the latest windows drivers for the XCal2.
http://www.sctflash.com/software/XC2_Drivers.zip

Also make sure you have the latest version of the Live Link software.
http://www.sctflash.com/software/LiveLink236install.exe

Once that is all set up you can start datalogging.

Go out to car, plug in Xcal to the OBDII port, then start the car (car has to be running.)

Next fire up the laptop and livelink software, and plug xcal into the laptop using the USB cable.

Next click on the little graph looking symbol in the upper left hand corner. This will starting scanning for the available PIDs on your car. Once it is done you can pick which options you want to datalog from the hundreds that are in there. Click ok when ready and it will initialize everything. Then just use the green and red button on the top left to start and stop.

If you wanna log the A/F you will need a wideband sensor, and there are different ways to hook them up to the Xcal based on which wideband you use. If you have the LM1, I can help ya out, otherwise use the support forums on sctflash.com.

Hope that helps.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
10th03cobra said:
So when is Crazy Carls and Jersey Boys datalogging service gonna start????

My bung is waiting for you guys. :clap: :lmao: :clap: :lmao:

I fuggin crack myself up :clap: :lmao: :clap: :lmao:

As soon as the weather breaks. Wiked L has been on the appointment sheet for over a week now. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info