• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lightning Exhaust

Unoid

Libertarian Massa
Aug 30, 2004
I had JBA shorties and stock midpipes (massachusetts sucks for emissions) and magnaflow catback. on my 99.

The sonic blue has a JDM silver bullet, you were at the dyno day when it had it on you silly goose didnt you listen to it?

magnaflow sounds good but is quieter than the silver bullet.

my advice if you like loud and deep:
Have a shop cut your rear cats out and weld in striahgt pipe. then go with silver bullet or magnaflow catback.

Maggy:
magnaflow.jpg

Silver bullet:
silverbullet.jpg

Maggy vs stock on my 99:
l-exhausts.jpg

jackal

Olivia munn FTW
Apr 29, 2004
I have a Flowmaster I like it is not really loud, just enough to scare some ricers it's been on the truck for almost 3 years and I just look under there and still looks pretty good, and I love the tips that come with it, they fill the side oppening very nice and I like the fact that I can take them off to clean and polish.

DSCN0062.jpg

DSCN0285.jpg

Mean Mr Mustang

Govt. Conspirator
Nov 17, 2005
struckby29 said:
damn if you only have the money for a cat back dont bother with the cat back get the cats gone first with a mid pipe section thats what i was told

Thats the same thing I was told when I had mine. The factory cat-back flows good and you will see little or no power gains by swapping it out on a stock setup.

Then again the factory cat-back sounds rather boring and the sound improvement of an aftermarket exhaust is worth the cost...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info