• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobra R Brakes vs. Stock 03 Rims...

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
Will the stock 03 rims clear the Cobra R brake calipers?

I am looking to upgrade the brakes soon and have been looking at Brembo, Baer and others, but the Cobra R just seems like a nice bang for the buck upgrade all around. I want to transition the Cobra brakes to replace the horrid brakes on the Thunderbird, but would like to keep from having to buy new rims and tires.

Anyone on here know for sure if the Ford Racing Cobra R brake kit clears the stock 03/04 rims?

Thanks

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
2003_SVT/CBR1100 said:
Will the stock 03 rims clear the Cobra R brake calipers?

I am looking to upgrade the brakes soon and have been looking at Brembo, Baer and others, but the Cobra R just seems like a nice bang for the buck upgrade all around. I want to transition the Cobra brakes to replace the horrid brakes on the Thunderbird, but would like to keep from having to buy new rims and tires.

Anyone on here know for sure if the Ford Racing Cobra R brake kit clears the stock 03/04 rims?

Thanks

This is what your looking for. Best prices I've seen so far for them:

http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=541

Racerx66

BiG MeMBeR
Apr 10, 2004
2000 Cobra 'R' Front Brake Kit

Original equipment on 2000 Cobra “R” • Kit includes Brembo® four piston calipers, rotors, brake lines and hardware • This kit can be used to upgrade the front brakes on 1994-03 GT and 1994-03 Cobra • May require larger wheels like M-1007-R189/R189C/F500/F500C

Our cars are not equipped with four piston calipers... makes a big difference (when stopping).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info