• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Bfg Dr Wtf

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
So I saw on BFGs website that they are now making a g-force DR in 315/35/17. Which I assumed meant the newer stickier tread style. They have a different P/N than the old 315 T/A DRs. Anyway I ordered a set of these from Summit and they look just like the old style from what I can tell. :dunno:

Whats the diff? I thought the newer ones were an improvement in traction and streetability over the Comp T/A DRs. In reality if they are good for CONSISTANT 1.7x 60 ft times and 5k-ish miles I don't care if there are little dicks for a tread pattern. I just expected that ricey pattern when these showed up.

Guess we'll find out as soon as the damn tracks open.

Attachments

• tread1.jpg
    tread1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 123

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
10th03cobra said:
I used those same tires in a 275 last year and they worked pretty good. I ran a best of 11:80's at 119 ish and they hook pretty damn good.

Am I nuts or did you have a set of 315 DRs that were bald as hell and had a nail in the tire then you switched to the 275s and ran faster? What 60 fts were you getting? They were the g-Force not the Comp T/A?

I don't know why they would make 2 different tires with different tread and call them the same thing- specially when they had a tire with that pattern all ready.

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Am I nuts or did you have a set of 315 DRs that were bald as hell and had a nail in the tire then you switched to the 275s and ran faster? What 60 fts were you getting? They were the g-Force not the Comp T/A?

I don't know why they would make 2 different tires with different tread and call them the same thing- specially when they had a tire with that pattern all ready.

Yep, dat was me. I think my best 60 foot was in the 1.8 range but I suck at driving. The 315's were on an 18" rim and are my street tires.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Dont worry about those tires Hank, I know they dont have the sweetest tread pattern but I can promise you that they are sticky as hell :clap: I like the fact that the rubber is so soft you can take your finger and kind of push the rubber around pretty easy. They feel like a pencil eraser they're so soft. I ran lil old 275's on stock rims and I 60'd low 1.7's consistently with occasional 1.6's with just a 2.76. Those sum bitches look W-I-D-E!!

whistlen93

ouch does that hurt?
Sep 29, 2005
Wharf Rat said:
So I saw on BFGs website that they are now making a g-force DR in 315/35/17. Which I assumed meant the newer stickier tread style. They have a different P/N than the old 315 T/A DRs. Anyway I ordered a set of these from Summit and they look just like the old style from what I can tell. :dunno:

Whats the diff? I thought the newer ones were an improvement in traction and streetability over the Comp T/A DRs. In reality if they are good for CONSISTANT 1.7x 60 ft times and 5k-ish miles I don't care if there are little dicks for a tread pattern. I just expected that ricey pattern when these showed up.

Guess we'll find out as soon as the damn tracks open.
i said the same thing when i got mine end of last year.. but they hook

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
whistlen93 said:
...but they hook

Awesome! That's all I need to know. :headbang:

I have some 10.5 inch black bullitts on the way to mount these big bastards on. They look freakin' huge sitting next to my 275s. Can't wait to do just 1 monster burn out somewhere to see a pair of foot wide stripes!

I plan on using these all summer. So will they make it about 4k miles and do they really suck THAT bad in the rain (for the inevitable times I will get stuck in a thunderstorm on the way home from work or the track)?

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
The new "ricey" tread pattern you are talking about is only on the 18" tire. To date, all 17s have the pattern you got. I had the same question when I was looking to get the BFGs. I had found so many different pics online I had no idea what was actually going to show up at my door.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what I found out while researching it.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Unoid said:
I'm a nitto 555 DR fan.
best in the lightning world.

the bfg's #1 are stock on the srt-4, in 205/50 I think.
roid noise is really loud.

Them neons came with BFG KDW 2s, NOT drag radials. Doesn't matter, you don't get road noise over Magnapacks and a MRT H-pipe.

If the Mickey T's would came in a 315/35/17 I woulda jumped all over 'em.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Awesome! That's all I need to know. :headbang:

I have some 10.5 inch black bullitts on the way to mount these big bastards on. They look freakin' huge sitting next to my 275s. Can't wait to do just 1 monster burn out somewhere to see a pair of foot wide stripes!

I plan on using these all summer. So will they make it about 4k miles and do they really suck THAT bad in the rain (for the inevitable times I will get stuck in a thunderstorm on the way home from work or the track)?

My BFG burnout is STILL there (in front of my house that is ) after 18 months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info