• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

mikeys car... please chime in

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
:eek: I would expect closer to 14 lbs of boost with a 2.76, but I have no idea how cams would affect that (or even if they would.) Maybe some belt slip?

466 HO doesn't sound terrible (but it would mean almost 0 gain from the cams.)

IMO, 400 TQ is way too low!! I have almost 100 more than that with no cams. :dunno:

If I were Mikey, I would get rid of those cams ASAP.... they are not doing a damn bit of good.

Who tuned it?

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Wiked03 said:
:eek: I would expect closer to 14 lbs of boost with a 2.76, but I have no idea how cams would affect that (or even if they would.) Maybe some belt slip?

466 HO doesn't sound terrible (but it would mean almost 0 gain from the cams.)

IMO, 400 TQ is way too low!! I have almost 100 more than that with no cams. :dunno:

If I were Mikey, I would get rid of those cams ASAP.... they are not doing a damn bit of good.

Who tuned it?

Thats what i am saying.. personally IMO i should be close or over 500.. Logan Motorsports tuned it.

B

Boost12

Mikey I talked to Logan for an hour earlyer about your car and there were a ton of issues that he had to go through with the car. I will not get into detail but lets just say whoever worked on the car before hand did not tie up alot of loose ends to say the least. He was very concerned about the cams in the car because of the grind. He told me that those cams are so big that he would not even run them in there Drag car and from what sounded like he thinks that with stock cams you would make more power :dunno: And I know he was having trouble with the car not going into open loop fueling at wide open throttle and he was only seeing 11 PSI for max boost when it should be alot more than that. It just sucks that all this stuff has to happen right as its warming up outside :crying:

B

Boost12

And with the Dyno that they use makes 10% less power than most dyno Jets so if you do the math you would have made more HP on a diffrent style dyno. And with the boost level you were at 466 is not to bad at all not to mention it was on there dyno wich reads lower numbers than a mustang dyno

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Boost12 said:
And with the Dyno that they use makes 10% less power than most dyno Jets so if you do the math you would have made more HP on a diffrent style dyno. And with the boost level you were at 466 is not to bad at all not to mention it was on there dyno wich reads lower numbers than a mustang dyno

Mustang dyno reads lower than a DynoJet. What kind do they have?

B

Boost12

Flyn high again said:
Ah. I'm not familiar with that type.
Yea most places do not run them because of how much lower the numbers are compared to dynojets. Logan has tuned cobras on there dyno and when they put them on a dynojet the same week with the same tune they made 44 whp more on the dynojet. Dyno packs are not the dyno to get a good dyno # from thats for sure

B

Boost12

RD SNAKE said:
they run that dyno because of price....it is a lot less then any inertia dyno (in ground dyno) That just says a little about the shop, they can't afford a inertia dyno ummm makes me think how well they can tune a car?
yea they cant tune a car. Your right. Want a lane with my Cobra this summer? And then after tell me how well they can tune a car :dunno: There shop cobra goes 9's and Dewayne is a close friend of mine and he knows how to tune

B

Boost12

Im sorry to lash out at ya RDsnake but what you said is kinda of offensive because I know how much time and work they have put into mikeys car trying to get it fixed and for someone that knows nothing about the whole thing to say that they cant aford a better dyno and that Dewayne cant tune is kind of ignerant :cool:

fastfocus

TCG Elite Member
Nov 30, 2004
Tranzlucent said:
I don't believe the gears have anything to do with the low tq reading. I don't think it's the dyno. It's the fact that you have a "hurt" motor and that's what's giving you the low numbers. Boost psi sounds about right for all your exhaust mods and cams.

no the dyno does read lower.. i took my car there last fall... and it read a lot lower than suttons dyno...

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
fastfocus said:
no the dyno does read lower.. i took my car there last fall... and it read a lot lower than suttons dyno...

The fact that Sutton generally provides STD #'s (unless otherwise requested) might have to do with some of that.

I'd have to see a Logan dyno sheet on a KNOWN combination before commenting on their dyno numbers.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
scan.jpg

scan0001.jpg

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
fastfocus said:
well he just called me and its finally ready, but very disapointing...i sure most are aware of his mods... stg 3 cams, 2.76 upper with idlers , bassani cat-back and x-pipe, intake, 4:10 gears, and sct maf.. ect.. and its only making 12lbs of boost and 466whp 400wtq... something doesnt sound right? :dunno:
no, thats bout right, maybe a touch more, as I believe the cams only add 15 or so HP (can't remember exactly) :dunno:

but other then the cams, and not counting the gears (as they don't add HP)
he is about even with me (but mine made 472.3 :D )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info