• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

People That Have Had Engines Built Come In.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
A ford motor can take a lot of abuse, i for one know..I was running a 175 shot on my old 120K 5.0L. I ran more or less about 50+ bottles thur the thing...never any problems...

With n20 dont get too wild or miss use it, or it will let you know! Use it only knowing fully how it works and what should be happening when ur spraying. what the kit say to use about fuel and timing...USE IT dont mess with it or say bye bye to ur motor...nitrous does great things as long as u dont miss use it!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
If you do decide to go big with it I would suggest VT engine out of Michigan to build one for you. Yes they are expensive but you definately have peace of mind when they are assembling one for you. I only have another 8 weeks or so till my billet shortblock arrives from them! Oh BTW, as you can see waiting time is a biotch. hehe.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
rocket5979 said:
If you do decide to go big with it I would suggest VT engine out of Michigan to build one for you. Yes they are expensive but you definately have peace of mind when they are assembling one for you. I only have another 8 weeks or so till my billet shortblock arrives from them! Oh BTW, as you can see waiting time is a biotch. hehe.

the waiting time is currently 8-12 weeks. if you're in a jam check around for a shortblock. I'm sure you can run spray on you're car w/o problems.

Tide612

Banned
Jun 23, 2004
ok i talked to VT and MPH yesterday. VT said that they could have my billet short block to me with in 9 weeks. Not so bad. Then i talked to MPH about getting a short block. They said that they could either build me a custom on or they could get me a VT billet one with in 5 weeks. I trust Tim and Rhonda there so i think that i may go there. I dont want to spend over 6-7 grand though.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Tide612 said:
ok i talked to VT and MPH yesterday. VT said that they could have my billet short block to me with in 9 weeks. Not so bad. Then i talked to MPH about getting a short block. They said that they could either build me a custom on or they could get me a VT billet one with in 5 weeks. I trust Tim and Rhonda there so i think that i may go there. I dont want to spend over 6-7 grand though.

You wont get even close to that unless you go with a big bore stoker billet engine. I got a stock bore/stroke billet shortblock from VT for $4500. With your forged crank as a core you should only be spending about $4,000 for a really beefy shortblock. The VT billet SB will handle well over 700rwhp in either SOHC or DOHC configuration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info