• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lowering Springs

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
I want to add a set of lowering springs to ditch the off road look.

I want a very subtle drop maybe 1" to 1.5". I want to avoid CC plates, and hurting weight transfer at the strip. I know I'll sacrifice a little transfer but I can accept that.

What would you recommend??

I want to do this before I get the front end aligned from the header install. This will also be a good opportunity to check the torque on all the bolts.

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
H&R Sport's here. :headbang: Very popular for 03-04 Cobra owners. I waited 3 months because they were on back order but it was totally worth it. Great ride and you don't get that slammed ricer look.

Check out what Maximum Motorsports (well respected suspension company) have to say about H&R springs for 03-03 Cobras: http://maximummotorsports.com/HRsprings.asp You might want to give them a call and see why they only recommend the Race Springs. I ordered mine from them and they said both work fine.

How much is Speed Inc. charging you? They are a piece of cake to put in.

SN65

Regular
Oct 28, 2004
I have MM CC plates and their coil over setup (all 4 corners). The stance is compeltely adjustable and moving the spring axis outboard increses the mechanical advantage allowing you to achieve the same performance while running a more compliant spring.

My situation is a bit different than yours, but the same basic principles apply.

I am running 1 3/4 degree negitive camber and 7 degrees positive caster with 1/8" toe out on the front. On the rear I am running 1/2 degree negative camber and 1/8" toe in.

Rides firm but not harsh. Handles like it is on rails.

Bob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info