• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

KB has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Well i got off of work todoy around 6ish and i ran home to pray that the fedex man dropped off my KB. Well he did and what a hoilday bonis i o him! I opened the box like a kid in a candy store...not know what too find!!! I opened then box and there lays a 4 foot by 3 foot pile of foam! I pull the foam out and some cutches my eye, i dig deep and pull out the main peice, the 2.2l blowzilla...wow what a nice peice i say to myself brand new, shiny, just waitin to start boostin'!!! Everything came with the kit, pulley, belt, BAP, switch a chip, gaskets, hoses, vacum tees, insturctions, EVERYTHING...i browse over the instruction which are well writien with pictures of everything step by step...so needless to say it will be going on this weekend..so ill fill you all in on how the install when with pictures and the whole nine.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
i got the compelete kit staright from kenne bell...everything u need...$3900 shipped...with BAP & switch a chip...they said something about you can only run 11psi of boost on 93 octane...but ive seen other people running 17 psi on the street with 93 so i think they just say that to watch their own back.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
RD SNAKE said:
i got the compelete kit staright from kenne bell...everything u need...$3900 shipped...with BAP & switch a chip...they said something about you can only run 11psi of boost on 93 octane...but ive seen other people running 17 psi on the street with 93 so i think they just say that to watch their own back.

Dude I hate you guys! My KB 2.2 kit set me back $5,300! Of course my vehicle didn't come from the factory with an intercooler so that was the price difference, but still. hehe.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
boost 12 it didn't seem that fast for me...it took 7 days from order to my front door. idunno why it took them 4 weeks...there must have been some problems with the order or something???

BTW: i checked out the information about the switch a chip and the chip it self...its pretty neet, there is a cable that runs from the swtich to where ever inside the car with a switch on the end...there is one position for a street tune on 93 octane...then you flip it to the other side, and from what i read that you only run 100 or better octane and thats there racing tune so, i thought that was pretty trick!!

anyways it just around 3ish and i should start workin on project KB install so... hopefully if i dont stop for too many beer brakes it should be running by this evening? :rolleyes: Can't wait until i start bangin her gears again!!! wow that sounded bad...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info