• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Drop the rear 2"

Thunderstruck

Feb 24, 2006
I've removed the rear hitch and am looking to drop the rear a couple of inches to level it out for appearance. Handling is pretty sweet the way it is so I doubt that I'll swap springs. What do you folks recommend?

Not having spent much time underneath the Lightning, I was thinking about poly bushings for the sway bars and end links then got wondering if Ford already used poly. Does anyone know the front and rear sway bar sizes and if poly is used? How about end links?

Thanks in advance.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
2" should be a perfect drop, I really liked the way it leveled mine.

You'll need some drop shackles, you can get them about anywhere, I used Bell-Tech, or JLP makes ones that are adjustible from 2"-4".

I installed the So-Cal Rear Sway Bar Adjustible Endlinks as well.

If you only do a 2" drop, you won't need to make any adjustments to the driveline. If you go more than 2, you'll have to flip the shims on the rear axle.

Pics of my truck, and a how-to on the shackles here:

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=525

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Thunderstruck said:
I've removed the rear hitch and am looking to drop the rear a couple of inches to level it out for appearance. Handling is pretty sweet the way it is so I doubt that I'll swap springs. What do you folks recommend?

Not having spent much time underneath the Lightning, I was thinking about poly bushings for the sway bars and end links then got wondering if Ford already used poly. Does anyone know the front and rear sway bar sizes and if poly is used? How about end links?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, we do not have poly bushings. But if you're happy with the stock springs, don't waste the time or money installing poly bushings.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list