• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Is it worth buying? (throttle body)

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
joes03cobra10thann said:
I am looking into buying a new Accufab Billet Throttle Body & Polished Power Inlet.

How many of you have this setup?
Do you feel a differance in throttle response/rwhp/rwtq?

Should be WAY down on your list of mods. Lots of things to do before a TB.

Of course I don't have one, so that's only my opinion.

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
I just put one on my car this weekend. I scored a great deal on it thru SVTP. I paid $350 for a polished set up that had about 3K miles on it. Throttle response is wicked. Its a whole new experience trying to drive it again. Cruise control doesn't work that great which I expected (larger throttle plate = needing less gain and integral in the CC PID). Power wise it may have picked up a few, that's hard to tell because this weekend was the first time I've driven in a while. It was fun with how snappy the car is now.

Cliff notes: If I would not have gotten a good deal I would not have bought one.

Your local to me, I work in New Lenox. So if you want to go for a test ride I'd be more than happy to have an excuse to drive my Cobra to work!! lol. Let me know...

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
JPKII said:
I just put one on my car this weekend. I scored a great deal on it thru SVTP. I paid $350 for a polished set up that had about 3K miles on it. Throttle response is wicked. Its a whole new experience trying to drive it again. Cruise control doesn't work that great which I expected (larger throttle plate = needing less gain and integral in the CC PID). Power wise it may have picked up a few, that's hard to tell because this weekend was the first time I've driven in a while. It was fun with how snappy the car is now.

Cliff notes: If I would not have gotten a good deal I would not have bought one.

Your local to me, I work in New Lenox. So if you want to go for a test ride I'd be more than happy to have an excuse to drive my Cobra to work!! lol. Let me know...

I am off thursday maybe we could meet up then depending on the weather.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
The single blade has a lot to do with that, but also the fact that the throttle sweep is from the Cobra R and doesn't work the way it's supposed to on a 03-04 cobra, so it works like an ON/OFF switch. But it's good for drag racing or getting that throttle open as fast as possible!

The BilletFlow TB will have the correct sweep (stock) so you have better control over the throttle. I had one on my car and it was fantastic, we just couldn't get the son of a bitch to idle right, even with a spring added. We (dan of LDC) and Doug worked on this problem and shortly after the TB production was halted. Doug should have the new and improved TBs out VERY soon. In my opinion, it's worth swapping a ported or accufab to a BilletFlow throttle body.

cobravenom39 said:
You don't need it on a stock/ported Eaton. I have it on my KB and the throttle response is WICKED!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info