• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Redline Tuning hood struts

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Lyle and I threw the Redline Tuning hood struts on my car yesterday after we finished dropping his K member. Man, are they nice. They replace the hood strut that holds up the hood. Three rivets hold the struts to the hood and two screws secure them to the fender. I was playing with my hood last night. Up, down. Up, down... :D Around $80. I don't have any pics of my car yet but here's a pic from their site.

Note- my brackets are black.

We threw a set on Dana's car, too but he wasn't there and doesn't know yet. Shhhhhh.... ;)

9904_Mustang.gif

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Flyn high again said:
Lyle and I threw the Redline Tuning hood struts on my car yesterday after we finished dropping his K member. Man, are they nice. They replace the hood strut that holds up the hood. Three rivets hold the struts to the hood and two screws secure them to the fender. I was playing with my hood last night. Up, down. Up, down... :D Around $80. I don't have any pics of my car yet but here's a pic from their site.

Note- my brackets are black.

We threw a set on Dana's car, too but he wasn't there and doesn't know yet. Shhhhhh.... ;)

9904_Mustang.gif

very nice... i shall be getting these myself.. :headbang: Nice job cliff and hank [for the review]

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm still playing with them. :biggthump

Everybody should do this mod.

FYI, some people were ripping the rivets out of the hood when there were only two rivets. Now there are three. Lyle recommends holding the hood as it goes up so it doesn't stress the rivets when it reaches the end of its travel. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Lyle and I threw the Redline Tuning hood struts on my car yesterday after we finished dropping his K member.

Thank you Cliff and Lyle. I noticed this morning after I got home from work.

They work great!!!

1 box down and only about 20 more to go!!!

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info