• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Header and X pipe install

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
K-member needs to be dropped (basically your front suspension) to do the headers. This is why it's so expensive. Also be sure to reuse the stock studs or they will leak like crazy.

belle4pres said:
Does anyone know of a shop that I can take my 03 cobra to get headers and X pipe installed? Most places I called wanted to charge around $600 and up. Please, please help! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shawn

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
belle4pres said:
Not yet. Last year I did my first mod, a slp loud mouth catback system. This year I plan on finishing the rest of the exhaust. I think pulleys will be next year.

Save your money and skip the headers, at least for now. You will realize little or no benefit from them with the few mods you currently have.
They are one of the most expensive mods with the least return in HP that there is for these cars.
The stock Ford pieces are not really all that bad.

The X-pipe may help some, and by itself, is a much less costly mod.

Dana

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Dana said:
Save your money and skip the headers, at least for now. You will realize little or no benefit from them with the few mods you currently have.
They are one of the most expensive mods with the least return in HP that there is for these cars.

Dana

+1

Pulley it, you'll get a lot more hp then from headers and will be cheaper. On the 03/04 cobras you don't need headers till you are pushing some big amounts of power. Like over 600rwhp. Before that there a lot of mods that will give you a lot more power.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Dana said:

Dana

+2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info