• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

longtube header install?

green99_svt

Regular
Oct 10, 2005
its actually quite easy to drop the k.

unbolt the motor mounts,
unbolt the steering rack from the k member
remove both stabalizer links
unbolt both outer tie rod ends from the steering knuckles
place a jack under the control arm and remove the bolts that attach it to the k member and lower the arm down and remove the spring.(do same on other side)
place a jack under the oilpan. use block of wood. or attach a holding device on top
unbolt the k member from the body and set aside

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
If this install becomes too difficult...........bring it down to us and we can install the longtubes for you..... :)

lol yea that thought has definately been running through my mind lately, unfortunately i dont have the money right now to pay for that. :( but i am still in need of those tires, i will give you a call within 20 seconds or less from the time my tax return hit my hand :biggthump

WhtSuperStang said:
lol yea that thought has definately been running through my mind lately, unfortunately i dont have the money right now to pay for that. :( but i am still in need of those tires, i will give you a call within 20 seconds or less from the time my tax return hit my hand :biggthump

Not a problem.......let me know as soon as the lid drops on the mail box :p

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
i was looking at an install guide i found on corral.net and it said i need to get o2 extenders for this install...
where can i get these and how much are they?

would i already have them since i have an after market h-pipe on there already?

thanks for the helpss

ps. does anyone know if i would need an alignment after doing this? thanks

IMPORTSLAYER

Regular
Mar 10, 2006
Hey man if you dont care i would love to try to see how this is done . I have the exact car and that is my next project. I would lend a hand where needed. I was told by Street Stuff in Addison that this in an 8hr job
@ $ 80.00 per hour so im lookin at around $ 640.00 labor alone !That $640.00
is my FR500 rims that I need so badly. I am still crusin on the stock 96 cobra rims and they just completely kill the looks of this car. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
IMPORTSLAYER said:
Hey man if you dont care i would love to try to see how this is done . I have the exact car and that is my next project. I would lend a hand where needed. I was told by Street Stuff in Addison that this in an 8hr job
@ $ 80.00 per hour so im lookin at around $ 640.00 labor alone !That $640.00
is my FR500 rims that I need so badly. I am still crusin on the stock 96 cobra rims and they just completely kill the looks of this car. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

hey man i have had the headers on for a couple weeks now, but i would be willing to answer any and all questions that u have on this... let me know how i can help!

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
WhtSuperStang said:
no i didnt need it aligned afterwards....i did it the un recommended way i just lifted the motor...it wasnt bad either but now i can fully see y it is so dreaded to put headers on a 4vlol

o u poor baby
too bad u have to have a 4V
what a real sad story!!!!! :joke:
when u took out ur motor u shudve just put a b18 in there bolts rite in and will give u massive gains in torque!!
everyone is welcome to flame me for saying that by the way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info