• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

suspension

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra99 said:
I have a 99 Cobra with stock suspension and have an opportunity to get the springs/struts/shocks from an 03 Cobra for $200. Is there much difference between the two? :dunno:

From what I've heard, the suspension off an 03 Cobra coupe has a higher spring rate, better (bilstein) shocks and sits about an inch lower than your 99. I would get H&R springs with (keep isolators) and ditch the other guy's springs.

Cobra99

Go Big or Go Home
May 11, 2005
Algonquin
Alright, maybe that's what I'll do. What about Kenny Brown springs? If I get lowering springs with the 03 Cobra shocks/struts would I need c/c plates? Also, I can get the Kenny Brown's from a cuy who has an 03 Cobra. The springs for purchasing from Kenny Brown Parts were different for the 03/04 models compared to the 99-01. Any ideas on what I should do?
Thanks,

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
If you're going to buy and install parts, you might as well do it once. The Struts/shocks on the 03's are good parts. The springs won't be worth your while. You'll want to get a spring kit from Maximum motorsports or Steeda. The KB parts probably aren't avb anymore. Truth be told, you're not going to find too much difference in spring kits though. For street use - Shoot for a kit with about a 650lb/in spring for the front and a 1.25" drop. H&R sports are nice. Do not get the Supersports.

Cobra99

Go Big or Go Home
May 11, 2005
Algonquin
jfranci3 said:
If you're going to buy and install parts, you might as well do it once. The Struts/shocks on the 03's are good parts. The springs won't be worth your while. You'll want to get a spring kit from Maximum motorsports or Steeda. The KB parts probably aren't avb anymore. Truth be told, you're not going to find too much difference in spring kits though. For street use - Shoot for a kit with about a 650lb/in spring for the front and a 1.25" drop. H&R sports are nice. Do not get the Supersports.
ok, so if I go with H&R springs from MM will I also need to get caster camber plates? I'm assuming yes but I just want to make sure. and yes, I would wait til I have all the parts and do one install of everything.

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
It won't be totally necessary, but it's a good idea. Additionally the CC plates will let you adjust your Caster, which will improve your handling (at the cost of some steering effort). While you're ording from there, I recommend swapping our your Steering rack and swaybar bushings with poly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info