• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Can you ID this pinion flange...GT or Cobra??

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Well spent all day driving to and from Detroit to pick up my built 8.8 at Livernois Motorsports. Almost 10 hours round trip :thumbsdow with a lunch stop.

Anyways, I was so scared of all the hookers and crazy Steeler fans still stumbling around, I jetted out of there before I could ask what kind of pinion flange this is, is it a Cobra or GT? It is a 99+ housing, just trying to figure out what I need to do for the driveshaft. It has 8 holes and 2 on the inside diameter, and its almost 5" across..........anyone.........bueller.........bueller

Solid 8.8 coming to a track near you soon :stick: :headbang:

Thanks

Jason

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
I'm pretty sure you're in luck. That looks just like mine. If you don't know by tonite let me know and I'll pull my DS (need to index it anyway) and take some pics/measurements.

Sorry but this is the best pic I have.

Attachments

• 100_4379.jpg
    100_4379.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 73

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
I'm pretty sure you're in luck. That looks just like mine. If you don't know by tonite let me know and I'll pull my DS (need to index it anyway) and take some pics/measurements.

Sorry but this is the best pic I have.

Thanks Hank, I measured it and it was 4 3/8" from bolt center to bolt center straight across. Please let me know if you happen to take it apart and get a chance to measure. How do you index your driveshaft??

Also, I think I read an old post somewhere that said you use the HD FRPP UCA's and they give you -3* pinion angle? I know MM recommends these and if pinion angle is pretty good with them, I think I am going to just get those UCA's, they nice and cheap, and I'd be worried about adjustables coming loose or changing the angle all the time...

Thanks again

Jason

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Yup, FRPP uppers and MM lowers. I measured the pinion angle with a gutter tool from Home Depot and came up with -3.5. Sounds about right.

As far as indexing, there is 8 possible positions to bolt the DS to the pinion. For some reason the DS might vibe at some of them. I don't quite understand it but it is true. So far I have tried 3 different positions. One was so-so, one was pretty good, and the current one is horrible. It's actually pissing me off because I had my DS balanced and they said it was right on the money. :dunno:

I need to rotate it back around to the positions near or at where I had it before. If you get some vibe you might try otherwise it's nothing to be concerned with.

I'll post up some pics and measurements after work. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info