• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What are your thoughts? Cobra Mod...

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
04svt said:
Hey guys i have heard mixed reviews on this subject... i want your opinion!!! I'm considering buying the rpmoutlet motoblue cog setup, for my 04 cobra.. does anyone have this setup. pros/cons thanks

I heard you can break your snout off from too much tension etc with a cog system. And if it were up to me, i would stay away from motoblue in general.. my .02

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
04svt said:
Hey guys i have heard mixed reviews on this subject... i want your opinion!!! I'm considering buying the rpmoutlet motoblue cog setup, for my 04 cobra.. does anyone have this setup. pros/cons thanks
I bought this setup from them, but be VERY careful til you can get a custom tune, because (ours was too lean) not safe to run over 5500 RPM's

but we are very pleased, also the kit on the car :biggthump
rpm460013.gif

Our2004sEngineBay.jpg

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
The only perk to the Cogs is that the boost comes up so fast........instant& will make more boost which will require adjustments in your tune for fuel and so on.....I ran Cogs on my car back when it had a T-trim on it and I drove it on the street (even though its not a whipple...same concept)...and it was on the street for a short period of time.......could never keep a belt on it......cog belts are pricy after the 3rd or 4th one........for the street I say no....to much headach and stress on blower......race car...sure if you get the tention game down to keep the belt on........

B

Boost12

The cog setup is awsome when its designed right. I read alot about the RPM outlet Cog system and what it all sums up to is JUNK. I read all kinds of stuff about people not being able to keep the belt on and then just a bunch of other bad stuff about there cog setup. If you go on MOD fords and do a search you will read all the bad stuff about it and I did not find anything good. Rpmoutlet is a bad company. They make shitty products and no one there knows what there talking about when you call :dunno:

To sum it up. RPMs Cog setup = JUNK! Stay away from it at all costs. Maybe look into the Metco 10 Rib setup. That would get rid of all belt slip also and its a few hundo cheaper than the cog drive.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
This isn't rocket science. :argue: Billetflow makes a good product that works for a good price. As somebody mentioned, I think Jay had problems with Motoblue pullies. :dunno:

Is there anybody that uses Billetflow and is unhappy? :dunno:

If you want absolutely no chance of belt slip, go with a Billetflow upper/lower/idler combo as Chicago Mike said.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
All the pieces I have seen from Motoblue have poor fit and finish. The quality leaves a lot to be desired. Just an example, on their upper pulley, you have no clue as to which is the front or rear of the pulley and none that I have seen have had the size marked on them.
The finish on the peices is not as good as many other brands that are available either.

I have installed their idler brackets and have had problems with the fit on them also.
I would not recommend their products.

Also, God forbid you have a problem with anything you have purchased from RPM outlet. If you search on some of the other forums, you can read all the horror stories about return/refund/credit issues with RPM outlet.

Dana

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A couple thoughts:

You get what you pay for most of the time. I'd take Dougie's pullies over Motoblue's because he builds quality parts and cares about the customer. I've read some of the stories from people who had problems with RPM outlet and wasn't impressed with their customer service.

A cog drive system is a track system, not a street system [OK, maybe limited street activity]. There isn't enough give in a cog drive system for normal street use. You put a lot of stress on parts with the cog drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info