• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Big problem! Any sugg.?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
What to do:

1. bring it back to stock
2. make friends with a service rep or SVT tech (maybe involve $$$)
3. bring er in to aformentioned contact.

I hope it works out for you.

PM if you need a contact, I might know someone that could help you out.

DJ 2003

Jun 23, 2004
Cool cool. Guys/girls thanks 4 the help. I know a mech. at a dealership but hes out of town at the moment. I put my stock program back into the puter on it think they can find out that way? And what do u think i should say what happend. I was on the e-way when it poped. Should i say how fast i was going?

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
DJ 2003 said:
Cool cool. Guys thanks 4 the help. I know a mech. at a dealership but hes out of town at the moment. I put my stock program back into the puter on it think they can find out that way? And what do u think i should say what happend. I was on the e-way when it poped.
If they scan the computer they can tell that the computer has been changed,
but, not all dealerships are going to look into that, especially if its in stock form,
at least thats my understanding of the subject :biggthump

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
don't mention how fast you were going. the dealer will not be able to tell that due to the fact once you reflash the pcm you clear all codes. tell them you were running late and jumped in it to go to work and it started running funny. put it back to stock, don't worry about the exhaust, and every now and then pop in at the dealer to check in on it. svt likes to take they're sweet ass time sending reps out. If anything take it to the dealer you bought it at. just out of curiosity, what happened? vaccum line off of it?

DJ 2003

Jun 23, 2004
v8venomgt said:
what would cause this motor with such few mods to it cause it to pop prematurely?
Well it happened by pushing it to its limit. I was on I294 and me and a porsch decided to show who had bigger balls. And im not sure how fast i was really goin the spedo only shows 140mph. I know i was well past that cause the needle stopped. Then the magic happened. I keeped up till that shit happened.

v8venomgt

Addict
Sep 16, 2004
give joe anderson a call at 847 362 4550 ext 250. hes the parts and service director over at sessler ford in libertyville. tell him matt kahn sent ya. there was a guy coming from i beleive south dakota and popped his motor also in the chicago area. we were able to get him a remanufactured motor + installation for real cheap and he was extremely happy. its worth a shot, were almost mod friendly, but i would still advise you take off any pullies/intake work you might have done since the svt reps dont seem to like that.

BoostinL03

Dec 15, 2005
Did u have different plugs? If you didnt run a colder plugs, it is a good indication that it detinated and blew it up. Did you have a dyno tune? If you didnt have your A/F checked and adjusted that is another good indication where you could have gone wrong. I did the same thing on my 02. I had 4# lower, CAI, Predator and no plugs and mine blew also. I put everything back to stock including my stock intake and put the stock tune back. Brought it to my dealer and said, "I think the motor went". They took a look at it and said, "Ya its blown". They asked me all the questions if i had aftermarket stuff and told me to tell them a detailed explanation of what it was like when I heard the explosion. I told them I didnt have and aftermarket parts and that I jumped on it and that when it shifted out of second I heard a big explosion and that everything shut off. The service advisor and tech looked at it and seen everything was stock so they went ahead and ordered a brand new long block from Ford. They told me that they seen that the computer was reflased but they said that they would replace it and that SVT wasnt going to come out to look at it. A week later I had the truck back with a new motor and no money due when i picked it up. Good luck and if you have any questions give me a PM.

DJ 2003

Jun 23, 2004
Sry I Didnt Reply Sooner

ya ford replaced the motor, supercharger, cooler, and some sensors. it was dwn 4 about 2 weeks. but all smiles now :headbang: . no prob so far still need to do a couple things. like put the plugs in and a custom tune for it. cause im really testin my luck with this 6 pounder. and about the responding sooner well lets put it this way puters suck and so does work. :mad: . but thanks for the help guys/girls. :headbang:

TOPGUN

Regular
Dec 25, 2005
DJ 2003 said:
ya ford replaced the motor, supercharger, cooler, and some sensors. it was dwn 4 about 2 weeks. but all smiles now :headbang: . no prob so far still need to do a couple things. like put the plugs in and a custom tune for it. cause im really testin my luck with this 6 pounder. and about the responding sooner well lets put it this way puters suck and so does work. :mad: . but thanks for the help guys/girls. :headbang:

Every L motor I have seen Blow has been in overdrive at high speeds. Glad to see everything work out for you. what dealer did you go to then?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info