• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T5 instead of T56?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
if its anything like doing a 5 -6spd swap it shouldnt be too bad......basically u need the trans and a new drive shaft and bunch of other little things......but thats going on the assumption that its similar to the 6-5spd swap not sure tho.....check out svtp people on there should be able to help u out

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
WhtSuperStang said:
if its anything like doing a 5 -6spd swap it shouldnt be too bad......basically u need the trans and a new drive shaft and bunch of other little things......but thats going on the assumption that its similar to the 6-5spd swap not sure tho.....check out svtp people on there should be able to help u out

wish i could but im banned from there :lmao:

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
Juggernaut said:
sounds stupied but how many of you thought about swapping your T56 for a T5??? i heard thy come stock with 31 splines :dunno: also more power to each gear by subtracting 1 :dunno: thoughts? :dunno: also whats involved besides the trans labor part?

Dude you got some major spline envy don't you... Drive it until is breaks then fix it with a 26 spliner.

BTW - you would lose 1 gear and some top speed which would suck.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
i would kill for a 6 speed
i wouldn't recommend this swap at all

with all the money ur going to spend getting a t5
then buying the new parts(driveshaft, clutch, shifter, etc)
it wouldn't be worth it
If you need a strong tranny just take urs into a tranny shop and have them build it
you can probably pick out ur gear ratios and you can get the strongest shit you want and i dont think it would be that much more than the t5 swap if its not cheaper

the t56 is an extremely light tranny
he will lose like 50lbs or less i believe
and top speed
and highway gas mileage
just seems silly to me

my .02

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Ok, where did you hear that a T5 has a 26/31 spline input/output? Stock they have 10/26 I believe. T5 is what came out of the fox bodies and early SN95's. I do know that some companies build them up. But if I were you I would stick with the T56 and upgrade the input shaft. Or go with a TKO 5spd. I run a TKO with 26/31 now and love it. You can do the swap but would need bellhousing, driveshaft, and shifter.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
1MEANGT said:
Ok, where did you hear that a T5 has a 26/31 spline input/output? Stock they have 10/26 I believe. T5 is what came out of the fox bodies and early SN95's. I do know that some companies build them up. But if I were you I would stick with the T56 and upgrade the input shaft. Or go with a TKO 5spd. I run a TKO with 26/31 now and love it. You can do the swap but would need bellhousing, driveshaft, and shifter.

What he said.

Jay, sometimes you make my head hurt. :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info