• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

any troubles

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Nov 9, 2004
woodridge
Whats up all. How do I say this and not sound stuiped? Heres the thing My cobra has about 10,500k on her. Once the weather breaks I want to pullie it, I driven the car pretty hard for those miles , should I be worried about anything going worng. car has only been to the dealer 1 time, other then that no problems. does what I am asking make sence?

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
sonicblue2003 said:
Whats up all. How do I say this and not sound stuiped? Heres the thing My cobra has about 10,500k on her. Once the weather breaks I want to pullie it, I driven the car pretty hard for those miles , should I be worried about anything going worng. car has only been to the dealer 1 time, other then that no problems. does what I am asking make sence?

i honestly think you dont have anything to worry about xcept for a good tune[r]

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
If you want to be anal about it like I would, just to make sure more boost wouldn't blow ya up...

Put it on the dyno and get a baseline, if it makes the power in the range it is supposed to, then go ahead and mod it.

If the dyno numbers are weak, start with a compression test on the cylinders. If you're down on compression on a cylinder or more, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to increase the boost unless you had money ready to fix the motor.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
sonicblue2003 said:
Sounds like your car is a pretty good one. There are no guarantees with modding. You go to the dark side, you assume the risks. You also get the fun....

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Boost12 said:
holy shit I dident think there was such thing as a cobra with a stock pulley on it :eek: now its time to Pulley the hell out of that thing and let loose the beast thats been hidden for 10k miles

I know J, a stock cobra??? That's like seeing a bald eagle. I bet he's got the pulley cover on it, too!!!! Ha, take a picture of the engine bay for me, I haven't seen a stocker in three years!!!!

Seriously, 2lb lower and a 2.76 upper, Heat exchanger, CAI, exhaust, and tune it RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then leave it alone for a while till you port, screw, or "swoosh" it!!!!!! B/c you will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
Boost12 said:
holy shit I dident think there was such thing as a cobra with a stock pulley on it :eek: now its time to Pulley the hell out of that thing and let loose the beast thats been hidden for 10k miles

He is not alone I only have 10081 miles on mine and it is completely stock.
But I just got exhaust for it, it is not installed yet.
This car is fast as F*** now and I cann't imagane it with more mods. I also came from a gt that ran 13.3 with wheels up. This is the only car that I every drove that scared me ha ha (the cobra not the gt).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info