• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Quadrant issue with Fiore adjuster, advice

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Which quadrant should I use?

The Fiore micro-click adjuster ends up being backed out all the way touching the valve cover when using the Steeda Red Quick Release Quadrant. I really like the fast action of the quadrant but it touching the valve cover is unacceptable.

Recommend a good quadrant to use with the Micro-click adjuster, maybe just get the Fiore one or other one?

Dan and I talked about this problem and he may design something at a later date to fix this problem, but for now I will have to go with the regular style quadrant.

**EDIT: I have a DFX clutch setup, I think this is what causes the problem for some reason, other DFX users with the above combo have experienced the same problem, and the only known fix was an aftermarket adjustable clutch cable **

Mike

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
ChicagoMike said:
Which quadrant should I use?

The Fiore micro-click adjuster ends up being backed out all the way touching the valve cover when using the Steeda Red Quick Release Quadrant. I really like the fast action of the quadrant but it touching the valve cover is unacceptable.

Recommend a good quadrant to use with the Micro-click adjuster, maybe just get the Fiore one or other one?

Dan and I talked about this problem and he may design something at a later date to fix this problem, but for now I will have to go with the regular style quadrant.

Mike

hey mike ill trade you mine for yours :D

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
This is interesting. Dan had looked at my setup too. Maybe my clutch cable is longer or stretched out? What do you recommend? Cliff, did you want to look at this in March ... maybe talk to Dan/Lyle about it, make it a project ... I am not the only person who has this issue...

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Oh yeah wait a minute ... to add to this..

I have a DFX clutch with Centerforce Aluminum Flywheel and centerforce II pressure plate.

Maybe this is the factor that causes the problem? Others with the DFX / Fiore / quick release combo switched to an aftermarket adjustable clutch cable to overcome the problem, or switch quadrants

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
ChicagoMike said:
Oh yeah wait a minute ... to add to this..

I have a DFX clutch with Centerforce Aluminum Flywheel and centerforce II pressure plate.

Maybe this is the factor that causes the problem? Others with the DFX / Fiore / quick release combo switched to an aftermarket adjustable clutch cable to overcome the problem, or switch quadrants

Ohhh, my clutch is still stock....we shall see if the CF causes the probem in a few months.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
ChicagoMike said:
This is interesting. Dan had looked at my setup too. Maybe my clutch cable is longer or stretched out? What do you recommend? Cliff, did you want to look at this in March ... maybe talk to Dan/Lyle about it, make it a project ... I am not the only person who has this issue...

It's not viable to make the spacers commercially. Not enough market or money. Maybe you could bribe [oops, bad word. Sorry] Dan into making one for you if you need it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
NTAGNIZ said:
Kind of off topic but what is the benifit to replacing the cable quadrant and having the adjuster.

The stock one is okay I think or am I missing the boat on this?

:confused:

Stock adjuster sometimes works for clutch adjustment, sometimes doesn't. Stock quadrant is cheap plastic and flexes and eventually wears down.

A while back, my car wouldn't go into gear properly especially at high rpms. stock adjuster did nothing. I put on the Fiore adjuster and Steeda quick release quadrant, adjusted the clutch, and the car shifted well again.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
NTAGNIZ said:
Kind of off topic but what is the benifit to replacing the cable quadrant and having the adjuster.

The stock one is okay I think or am I missing the boat on this?

:confused:
The stock setup does not provide for precise adjust as the aftermarket pieces do. The stock setup is self adjusting and can not be regulated as to the amount of freeplay in the system. This can be death for any clutch setup (not the correct freeplay).
Too little, the clutch slips; too much, the trans is difficult to shift.

Dana

Mike, I will be starting to work on my car in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted on the fix. Lyle's car is almost finished.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Dana said:
Lyle's car is almost finished.

We're only an alternator away from starting the car. Lyle, Dan, and I got the exhaust on, the drive shaft loop installed, fuel filter changed, the interior back in, the brakes bled and fluids added today. VT built engine. Stage 3 cams. 2.2 KB. Engine is capable of handling over 30 lbs. of boost. Can't wait to hear it start. Probably next weekend.

Sorry about the hijack...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info