• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Horrible Wheel Hop

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
I took my cobra around the block yesterday and I got on it twice the wheel hop is so bad that I had to let off. I didn't even get on it hard either.

What are the reasons for this?
Common sense tells me that it is because it is cold out and the tires are cold.

I mean it is horrible and it happens every time I get on it is their something wrong with the IRS maybe? I know these cars have wheel hope but this is ridicule's.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I always said it has to be 60+ degrees for about 10 days to get the ground warmed up and even then you need a warm tire and good traction or they hop, it just bee's that way.

I see a suggestion that lowering helped? It make sense but I wonder how that applies to the cold though.

:dunno:

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
cobravenom39 said:
I took my car out last night and NO HOP WHATSOVER with the M/T Dr's. These things surprise me everytime I drive them. They are so stick that I heard them screetch when I took off! In the cold!!!

Thanx guys I plan on buying the mt street radials a little bit closer to summer. I was just so afraid that something was wrong with my car I am glad to here that I am not the only one with this problem. I suppose that being that it is an convertable doesn't help either. :dunno: :cool2:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Since 1964 said:
I always said it has to be 60+ degrees for about 10 days to get the ground warmed up and even then you need a warm tire and good traction or they hop, it just bee's that way.

I see a suggestion that lowering helped? It make sense but I wonder how that applies to the cold though.

:dunno:
I don't think anything helps our traction in the cold :p :dunno:

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
cyac5l8trfcar said:
You running those on stock axles with all that power? Just wondering 'cause I just got dot slicks and I'm neverous about the axles..

Wheel hop breaks axles. There have been very few cases where pure power or launching have snapped half - shafts. I have NO wheel-hop w/these tires. I also have MM full length subs, Irs brackets, IRS bushings, full coil over shocks, and IRS brace.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info