• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

IRS suggestions

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
I'm hopefully swapping boost12s IRS out of his 03 cobra for my Solid this week or next or sometime soon.
I was just wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions as to parts I should buy and put in. (bushings or brackets or braces or anything)
I'm not sure if he has already done anything to his IRS or not.
I'm already planning on buying new springs all around since my front spring rates from my GT coupe and rear spring rates from a terminator coupe are going to be way off and will probably upset the balance of the car.
If any of you guys have had really good luck with a set of springs for road course racing that would be great.(I don't want it to be lowered excessively but i hate the 4x4 stock look)
thanks
Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Fast99Snake said:
i picked up some maximum motorsports subframe bushings today
i cant seem to justify the delrin control arm bushings way too expensive
hoping to also pick up some aluminum diff bushings this week too
thanks for the input.

Bruce sells some bushings on the Cobra R thread on SVTP. You can also go w/ MM like you did for the subframe bushings. There are also bushings out there from Nick which may be a PITA to install and should probably be avoided. The following is what I did to my IRS w/ no regrets for road racing:

*MM Urethane IRS Subframe Bushings
*MM Aluminum Differential Bushings (Front and Back)
*MM Delrin Lower Control Arm Bushings
*MM Delrin Upper Control Arm Bushings
*Eibach 2000 Cobra R Springs 750 lb/in Specific Rate
*Bilstein 2000 Cobra R Shocks
*FRPP 4.10 Gearset
*Torsen T2R
*Custom Diff Cooler using a 1995 Cobra R Oil Cooler, Tilton Oil Pump, -8 Line and Fittings.

The car had to much oversteer for me and was difficult to control w/ the 750 lb/in Cobra R springs until I put the 2000 Cobra R wing on the car. So I would suggest something a little less than 750 lb/in for the rear, maybe 675 lb/in and keep it specific rate rather than progressive.

The only thing I would add is the MM swaybar endlinks to replace the factory ones and coil overs if you had the money. If you really had a lot of money and the rumors were not true about Kenny Brown, then I would try and get his IRS setup.

Regarding your post about aluminum diff bushings, MM are the most expensive, but they are the best made by far.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
wait a second mystic
you road race your vert,
just curious
why wouldn't you go with a coupe for that?

and thanks for the info btw
and no i don't have a lot of money so coil overs arent happening
I'm only seventeen and can barely afford to pay for the car and gas let alone these mods im doing but o well
the car can't stay stock cuz thats just not an option :D

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Fast99Snake said:
wait a second mystic
you road race your vert,
just curious
why wouldn't you go with a coupe for that?

and thanks for the info btw
and no i don't have a lot of money so coil overs arent happening
I'm only seventeen and can barely afford to pay for the car and gas let alone these mods im doing but o well
the car can't stay stock cuz thats just not an option :D

I guess I should've bought a coupe for road racin'. :p Didn't road race until I got the Cobra and saw some info on SCMC. So now I am hooked and have the wrong car for it. But even though it is a vert, not too many cars give me trouble. And with the weld-in subframe connectors and bolt-in rollbar it is pretty stiff. Just a little heavy for me, but it does pretty well as-is. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info