• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MGW shifter ordered

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Out of curiosity, what's the MGW got on the Pro 5.0? Seems like the terminator crowd is really down on the Pro 5.0.

I've had 'em on both my stangs and love 'em. I had a couple 3 to 2 shifts (instead of 3 to 4) but after I adjusted the handle (an MGW) I haven't missed a shift.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Out of curiosity, what's the MGW got on the Pro 5.0? Seems like the terminator crowd is really down on the Pro 5.0.

I've had 'em on both my stangs and love 'em. I had a couple 3 to 2 shifts (instead of 3 to 4) but after I adjusted the handle (an MGW) I haven't missed a shift.

My MGW is MUCH quieter than my Pro 5.0 was and I can adjust the MGW handle to get it EXACTLY where I want it. They both shift pretty nicely.

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, Pro 5.0s can be a little noisy. I used to hear a little chatter from the shifter but after ripping out the rear seat and the sound deadening mat and installing Magnapacks I don't hear the shifter noise anymore. :p

After putting some miles behind an aftermarket shifter it's comical to drive a car with a stocker. If you think the shifter on our T-56 sucks you should drive a 2V, the shifters they put on those are freaking horrible.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
UPDATE!

MGW is on. Took about an hour with me taking my time to make sure I got it right. Instructions were adequate for the install. I adjusted the shifter so it points almost directly towards me and put my MGW gripper knob on it. It sits lower than the stock shifter and shifts are much closer together.

Opened the garage and there's an inch of snow on the ground. Darn. Took the car out anyways for a test drive. Click... Click... Click... Click. Suuuuwwweeeeet! Now that's how shifting should be. Not notchy at all. Each gear feels right where it should be. Can't wait until the streets dry up and I can play with the shifter. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info