• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

pulley with out upgrading injectors?

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
2003 Cobra 10th anniversary with 10,000miles.

I just ordered my magniflow x-pipe with no cats and a magniflow cat-back system.

I was thinking about the next obvious step the smaller pulley on the supercharger. But my question is can I safely swop the pulley with out upgrading the injectors and the mass air sensor? Or should I upgrade the injectors and mass aiflow sensor before I swop the pulley? I have never owned a supercharge car and this is a learning process for me I want to do everything right the first time (which I know is impossible) but I can come close right. The only reason I ask is that I heard when you up the boast you start to lean out at the higher rpms and that is bad. This might be a stupid question to ask but like I said I want to do everything the right way. Thanx for the response. :headbang:

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
You can put on a smaller pulley and be ok with the injectors, I have been told they are goo up to about 550hp. Depending on what size pulley you go with there is a chance you may peg the maf. I have a 2.76 on mine and it pegged the maf, but there are others that have the same pulley and it is fine, so it depends on the car.

O

Orleans04

joes03cobra10thann said:
2003 Cobra 10th anniversary with 10,000miles.

I just ordered my magniflow x-pipe with no cats and a magniflow cat-back system.

I was thinking about the next obvious step the smaller pulley on the supercharger. But my question is can I safely swop the pulley with out upgrading the injectors and the mass air sensor? Or should I upgrade the injectors and mass aiflow sensor before I swop the pulley? I have never owned a supercharge car and this is a learning process for me I want to do everything right the first time (which I know is impossible) but I can come close right. The only reason I ask is that I heard when you up the boast you start to lean out at the higher rpms and that is bad. This might be a stupid question to ask but like I said I want to do everything the right way. Thanx for the response. :headbang:

Youll be ok without the injectors or a MAF. Prolly a good idea to get a tune on the car before you decide hammer on it though. This will make sure your A/F is where it needs to be.

BTW, welcome to the site.

O

Orleans04

Thats really a matter of opinion I think. There are pros and cons when it comes to a chip, or a programable tune.

I'll let some of the gearheads here step up to answer that question for ya :D

New Lenox, eh? My kids live in Joliet. Im down that way often.
:gears:

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
Orleans04 said:
You driving the pony this winter?

No way any salt is touching my car. Im only gonna rack up miles when its sunny and warm. I bought my car about 4 weeks ago on a wednesday and it was in storage by that saterday. I am going nuts I have not see my new car in about 3 weeks its making me nuts its like Im going through mustang withdraw. lol

I only had the car out for 4 days and I already beat an neon srt4 but i spun like crazy sinse the street and the tires were so cold. I cann't wait till summer! :burnout:

R you still driving your ride?

O

Orleans04

joes03cobra10thann said:
No way any salt is touching my car. Im only gonna rack up miles when its sunny and warm. I bought my car about 4 weeks ago on a wednesday and it was in storage by that saterday. I am going nuts I have not see my new car in about 3 weeks its making me nuts its like Im going through mustang withdraw. lol

I only had the car out for 4 days and I already beat an neon srt4 but i spun like crazy sinse the street and the tires were so cold. I cann't wait till summer! :burnout:

R you still driving your ride?

Yea. I just moved up from Louisiana. My wife is driving my 02 F150 Lariat FX4, so shes fine, but I couldnt afford to buy a 3rd vehicle...a winter beater... so....

I just bought some Dunlop WinterSport M3's

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
Orleans04 said:
Yea. I just moved up from Louisiana. My wife is driving my 02 F150 Lariat FX4, so shes fine, but I couldnt afford to buy a 3rd vehicle...a winter beater... so....

Just so you know if you are in need of a cheap vehical let me know I sell cars for a dealership. I guess i kinda had to say this i am a salesman. lol

joes03cobra10thann

TCG Elite Member
Dec 23, 2005
Orleans04 said:

What made you move up here is it because of the hurricane? I know you didn't move here cause of our beautiful weather ha ha. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info