• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

anybody sc'd with 4.XX gears

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
You can run a centrifugal supercharger with the 4.10's or even 4.30's and still not leave too much rubber behind when you don't want to. If you were planning on going with a Positive Displacement type supercharger like an Eaton/Roots, Kenne Bell/Twin-screw or Whipple/Twin-screw then I would highly suggest going with numerically lower gears like 3.55's or so.

C

chris@svtspeed

rocket5979 said:
You can run a centrifugal supercharger with the 4.10's or even 4.30's and still not leave too much rubber behind when you don't want to. If you were planning on going with a Positive Displacement type supercharger like an Eaton/Roots, Kenne Bell/Twin-screw or Whipple/Twin-screw then I would highly suggest going with numerically lower gears like 3.55's or so.

very true i would at most do a 410:1 gear with roots blower

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
chris@svtspeed said:
lot of guys are going to 4.10:1 in 03 cobras.

Man that is insane! Do those guys have stock in the tire companies or what?!? hehe. Kenne Bell + 4V Cobra + 4.10 gears = tire mulching fun!!! They better have some really sticky tires and be great drivers to handle that combo. Seems like an uneccessary handful with the 4.10's unless they are able to stick it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info