• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tubular - K Member Suggestions

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
While finishing up collecting the parts needed for my live axle swap I have decided to also convert to a Tubular K Member. I am unsure which one to buy. Some seem pretty afordable and then some seem quite outrageous.

My goal is to lighten up the front and to not lose any strength while doing it. Dont want to sacrifice strength to just lose a few pounds.

If any of you guys have done this swap-a-roo let me know who you went with and any other specifics.

Matt

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
I went with the maximum motorsports k-member, control arms, koni coilovers, and mm caster/camber plates and I would recommend it to anyone. However, if your car is anything more than a weekend cruiser and track whore I would not suggest having this swap done. Labor is pretty expensive and tedious and your ride quality will go to crap on bumpy roads. On smooth roads and the track the handling is outstanding, but if you travel on rough roads a lot you're going to hate it.

FUNDAD

Apr 6, 2005
cobravenom39 said:
I just pm'd toofast4u on modular fords regarding what items I need to buy for the conversion. He hasn't replied yet. I'm going to be doing this within a month as well.

Then do me a big favor and keep my sweet ass in the loop. I know that you are going to be sure the shit is all good before you put it on your ride. So I more than cool with the route you choose.

Matt

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
If your car is daily driven even in just the summer months I wouldn't reccommend getting the tubular control arms w/ caster/camber plates and coilovers. Your ride quality will go to shit. Also, the only tubular k-member I would recommend is the maximum motorsports. It's well built and is much stronger than some shitty light weight drag race only piece (i.e. D&D motorsports, who I wouldn't suggest going with anyhow).

FUNDAD

Apr 6, 2005
Well I think I will scrap that idea. I definitely dont want the ride to go to hell.

I guess when it comes down to it you can always add more power mods to compensate for doing the mods that will lighten the car.

Maybe a bit of go go juice to cool my lil Steigy port job would out weigh the benefits of going to a tubular k.

God knows I would still have enough cash to lose a few races to some of you fast mustangs!!! You know who you are..... :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info