• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

blower porting and pulley sizes

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
onecobra2fear said:
I am going to port my eaton blower what is the best combo?

2.76 + stock lowers?
2.8 + stock lowers?
2.93 + 2lb lowers?

I believe the recommended boost is about 16lbs. The most preferred combo for that is a 2.93 + 4lb lower. I think you can also accomplish this by doing a 2.76 + 2lb lower...or at leats I hope so b/c that's the combo I'll probably end up with.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I am in the same debacle right now, I just put my ported blower back on and I need to figure out which lower is best. The fastest guys on the big forums Modularfords and SVTPerformance like Trey193 and VenomousJohn? all run 2.75/2.8 uppers with a 2lb lower and they are in the 10's on IRS and trapping 130ish MPH!! then theres broke7, he's a 2.93/4lb guy, he said he had a 2.76/4 lb lower and his car didnt like it...too much boost & heat and he traps 128 with his combo.

I think the 2.76 / 4lb may be a hair too much boost and creates some extra heat. I think I am going to go with the LFP lower 2 or 3 lb, and try to get the boost right where Steggy recommends it 15-17 PSI with their latest port.

The reality is that everyone thinks you need 17 or 18 PSI to go fast, when the fastest guys I spoke of above are mostly in the 15.5 - 16 PSI range. The 2.76/2.8 & 2lb lower is a proven combo that will make good power.

I want my combo to make more peak HP than TQ with a nice flat torque curve that holds 500 RWTQ hopefully till 5200-5500 and then 520-530 peak RWHP so I can really freight train some guys at the track :headbang:

Just my .02

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I spoke to Hermann (HBH) today to get the SCT 2400 MAF and a tune update and he suggested the 4lber to go with my 2.76 upper :eek: Sounds pretty aggressive, but he said the ports keep getting more and more efficient so he said spin that ol' Eaton up. Obviously the combo makes big TQ, but I dont want to make 550 TQ and barely get 500 HP, I want some seroius MPH and really want it to pull hard 2nd half of the track. I'd really like to get like 530/530...is this asking too much, or can it be done?? I heard LFP makes a 3lb lower, which is actually an old 4lber, sounds good to me

Who am I kiddin, the 4 lber's definitely goin on :headbang:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
firstsvt said:
Obviously the combo makes big TQ, but I dont want to make 550 TQ and barely get 500 HP, I want some seroius MPH and really want it to pull hard 2nd half of the track. I'd really like to get like 530/530...is this asking too much, or can it be done?? I heard LFP makes a 3lb lower, which is actually an old 4lber, sounds good to me

Who am I kiddin, the 4 lber's definitely goin on :headbang:
Broke makes 550rwhp SAE with his 2.93/4lb combo...i dont see it getting any better IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info