• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Motoblue 0 slip cog belt system???

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
there are many draw backs....

1. Blow seals thus spewing oil all over the place
2. Don't miss shifts or your likey to BOOM your motor, no room for error (no slack on the belt
3. Belts are a PITA to Find and you will go through plenty of them (not cheap either
4. over priced
5. Bad machining
6. STAY AWAY FROM MOTOBLUE

etc.....the list goes on !! :(

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I agree 100%, and even more so to stay away from Motoblue pullies, the tolerances suck, I heard about many wobbling on the blower shaft.

If you want a whistling sound, get a non-slip (non-grooved) pulley and use a gatorback belt.

Running the cog system full time, you'd get really sick of the REALLY LOUD WHISTLE sound constantly coming from the car even when not in boost.

Juggernaut said:

2. Don't miss shifts or your likey to BOOM your motor, no room for error (no slack on the belt
3. Belts are a PITA to Find and you will go through plenty of them (not cheap either
4. over priced
5. Bad machining

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Juggernaut said:

4. over priced
5. Bad machining

Yeah, but they sound cool...... :laughing2 :lmao:

-Mike

Tranzlucent

Say When
Jun 7, 2004
Other than what everyone else has said, you also are going to put a lot of stress on your crank as well with street use. Very good for a track car and might work for a very limited street use, but it's not worth the 500-1000 it's going to cost to get it. Money would be more wisely spent. I do agree that they sound sick, but so does a KB or Whipple or maybe your eaton with some juice for that price.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
ChicagoMike said:
I agree 100%, and even more so to stay away from Motoblue pullies, the tolerances suck, I heard about many wobbling on the blower shaft.

If you want a whistling sound, get a non-slip (non-grooved) pulley and use a gatorback belt.

Running the cog system full time, you'd get really sick of the REALLY LOUD WHISTLE sound constantly coming from the car even when not in boost.
Hey thanks for the help you guys, IM glad that theres a site like this w people that had past experiences. I really had my heart set on getting it but NOT ANYMORE. What do you mean by non-grooved is that a pulley that actually has no grooves. Right now I am running a moto blue 2.80 but a billet flow tentioner. My buddy had his moto blue idler fall off Good thing it didnt do any damage under the hood he got lucky.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Juggernaut said:
i wonder if sipping a lower pulley could help with anything :dunno: sound, or belt slip as well
Ok my car is in storage so I like most other people now want to do more work to it. I would like to get a heat exchanger. How is AFCO pro series it has the DOUBLE PASS DESIGN? Or should I just stick to Lightning Force Performance? They have some nice cooling packages. THANK ALL OF YOU 4 any HELP. :biggthump

Juggernaut

TCG Elite Member
Mar 16, 2005
FuelSlut said:
Hey thanks for the help you guys, IM glad that theres a site like this w people that had past experiences. I really had my heart set on getting it but NOT ANYMORE. What do you mean by non-grooved is that a pulley that actually has no grooves. Right now I am running a moto blue 2.80 but a billet flow tentioner. My buddy had his moto blue idler fall off Good thing it didnt do any damage under the hood he got lucky.

ditch your moto pulleys except the idler bracket and go get Billitflow idlers and upper

now i too had my heart set on this as well and maybe yes one day when i kicking shit around (bored and got nothing to do i may try it) but honestly until they design a better formation of this i wil not touch it, but i do admit it sounds AWSOME.....

DOUG@Billitflow if your reading this make us a semi cog system for our cars :D

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Juggernaut said:
ditch your moto pulleys except the idler bracket and go get Billitflow idlers and upper

now i too had my heart set on this as well and maybe yes one day when i kicking shit around (bored and got nothing to do i may try it) but honestly until they design a better formation of this i wil not touch it, but i do admit it sounds AWSOME.....

DOUG@Billitflow if your reading this make us a semi cog system for our cars :D
My idlers are billetflow so I guess now I just have to replace the blower pulley. My car is tuned by Sutton and set for a 2.80 pulley if I go to 2.76 that billetflow makes will that be any big difference, such as change to a A/F ratio?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
FuelSlut said:
Ok my car is in storage so I like most other people now want to do more work to it. I would like to get a heat exchanger. How is AFCO pro series it has the DOUBLE PASS DESIGN? Or should I just stick to Lightning Force Performance? They have some nice cooling packages. THANK ALL OF YOU 4 any HELP. :biggthump
The LFP Heat Exchanger is a nice piece and is dirt cheap. Its the only thing Id buy from LFP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info