• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Total cost of...?

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
VenomInside said:
from what i remember correctly.. not sure tho..

200.00 = gears
100.00 = install kit
300.00 for labor.. something around that.. not sure tho.

Mine was just under $600 at Sutton. The only hidden charge to be aware of is replacing your tires sooner!! Mine really went downhill fast after I got my gears changed.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I had 4.10's in my old 96 GT Saleen clone and it made it feel a little faster, those 96-98 GT's only made 215hp, but I just can't imagine 4.10's in these Cobras, let alone in Mikey's car! Can you even hook up Mikey?? I've been contemplating getting the 4.10's but I've wanted a 6th gear for a long time and I like "highway-shenannigans." And if I remember from my 96 GT, the 4,10's didn't like the highway too much......

-Mike

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
SALEENstang96 said:
I had 4.10's in my old 96 GT Saleen clone and it made it feel a little faster, those 96-98 GT's only made 215hp, but I just can't imagine 4.10's in these Cobras, let alone in Mikey's car! Can you even hook up Mikey?? I've been contemplating getting the 4.10's but I've wanted a 6th gear for a long time and I like "highway-shenannigans." And if I remember from my 96 GT, the 4,10's didn't like the highway too much......

-Mike

My car loves the 4.10's.. NO WHEEL HOP WHAT SOEVER.. just spin.. I love em..

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Boost12 said:
so what gear do you guys think would be best for 1/4 mile racing??? Im kinda lost with this whole gear thing :dunno:

Depends on your setup. You want to get up into the power band as quickly as possible and stay there through as much of the run as possible. You also need to get traction so your tires and other traction mods must be considered when picking a gear. You do not want to shift to fifth. I think 4.10s are useable until somewhere in the middle/high 120s trap speeds. 3.90s would be a good gear but Ford doesn't make them.

4.10s are a fun gear. I've surprised a few guys with the gears. Traction suffers but the instant acceleration is cool.

JPKII

It's just me...
Mar 26, 2004
Mystic Terminator said:
There is a thread on it @ Mod Fords. I tried myself and it can't be done. I had to have Chris from Diablosport do it.

I changed mine thru the predator. All worked fine. I checked my speed after the recal by having my wife pace me on the highway. My speed was right on. :dunno:

I have a custom toon and my computer is a YDH1.

IMHO, this car should've come with 4.10s from the factory. With the lower only on my car and the 4.10s it's like a whole different animal. It definately comes off lights much faster. This is a weekend only toy so I run DRs @ around 14 psi. I cruise on the highway at 80 MPH and turn 2500 RPM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info