• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Eaton removal questions....

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I am doing mine in the next day or two, and I have to admit, I am a little nervous :whine: Any tips or tricks?? I have Postbans directions that have the schematics and pictures that look like they are from a Ford manual, is that what most people use?

The only thing that makes me nervous is messing with the fuel lines, injectors, rails, etc...

1)How do I release the fuel pressure??

2)How do I drain the supercharger coolant, just drain some out of PFab until the level drops below the coolant line? Or is there a drain plug or something??

I thought that the injectors had to be removed, but in most directions, they look like they are only removed to get out of the way to pull the Eaton out.....whats the deal????

I know you have to be careful with the Intercooler bolts as they like to break.
Any other pointer or things I should know. Obviously cover the holes when I pull it out, to prevent anything from falling in the engine...

Thanks for any help, I am pretty mechanically inclined, I just havent done anything this extensive before.

Thanks
Jason

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
firstsvt said:
I am doing mine in the next day or two, and I have to admit, I am a little nervous :whine: Any tips or tricks?? I have Postbans directions that have the schematics and pictures that look like they are from a Ford manual, is that what most people use?

The only thing that makes me nervous is messing with the fuel lines, injectors, rails, etc...

1)How do I release the fuel pressure??

2)How do I drain the supercharger coolant, just drain some out of PFab until the level drops below the coolant line? Or is there a drain plug or something??

I thought that the injectors had to be removed, but in most directions, they look like they are only removed to get out of the way to pull the Eaton out.....whats the deal????

I know you have to be careful with the Intercooler bolts as they like to break.
Any other pointer or things I should know. Obviously cover the holes when I pull it out, to prevent anything from falling in the engine...

Thanks for any help, I am pretty mechanically inclined, I just havent done anything this extensive before.

Thanks
Jason

Piece of cake Jason. Give me a call if you want to discuss. I'll PM you my #.

I'd come by and help you, but my Dad's in town and I'm taking him to O'Hare tomorrow evening to fly out.

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
push in the schrader valve to release pressure.

you dont need to let the coolant out, have a baggie and rubber band ready to cap hoses off on removal, you have to dry out the valley anyway.

only part that is tricky is the loom at the back has a nylon push pin holding it to the lower manifold, yank it straioght up, it will come out. also the stud on the egr , use a 10mm ratcheting wrench, it will save you lots of time..................

pull the injectors off, so that way the gas will be totally out of the lines for reassemble......do this because if you get gas on the new intake gasket by bumping the injector or it coming off it will ruin the gasket in about 2 seconds.........

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
I didnt even have to pull my injectors, or fiddle with the FRPS. You can pull the Eaton with the injectors.rails still there...they have a little leeway, and with an extra set of hands to hold them slightly off center you can just pull it straight up and out.

Use zip lock baggies marked with permanent marker for each set of bolts. Also take alot of pictures of what came off of what and where. It helps a ton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info