• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

West Field Ford

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Yup, that's me. I'll never go there again for anything. Long story short:

Car received new leaking brake fluid. Went to westfield ford for service. Get free rental while car is in shop for new brake boost and windshield washer resevoir. Get car back couple days later, dark corner of parking lot - handed keys and told "it's over in the lot at the end there" at night. Next morning, car scratched to hell in the sunlight. Whoever washed it ruined it. Went to detailer and had all scratches and swirls buffed out (sonic blue). Westfield ford would not cover because they said it wasn't like that when they left it in the lot. It was too dark to tell. Weeks later at meet, Dana notices my brake lines are bent to hell - they are mis-routed and connected incorrectly! I go to westfield ford and the service manager comes to look at my car. Says that whoever installed the K&N filter and UPR radiator cover (me) bent the brake lines! Because the radiator cover and filter was close to where the brake lines connected to the ABS module or whatever it was. Westfield refused to repair and threatened to void my warranty even though they did brake warranty work on it within 200 miles of driving the car in a matter of weeks. Had to go to Rizza Ford in Orland Park to resolve the issue with a Ford Rep from Ford Detroit. Rizza made everything right for me and worked with us through the problems and making sure my warranty remained intact.

Mike

JymBart said:
Isn`t this the dealership that voided a warranty because of a K & N filter?

JymBart

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Nov 9, 2004
woodridge
Can anyone rec. a dealer close to them that is good. how is Oakfield? been meaning to bring the car in for somethings i want taken care of. but dont like leaving it I know that sounds stuiped but thats how i feel. lol It does not seem like they have SVT techs working on them at West Field, i would rather do the work myself but it still have the Facorty war. any advice or info would be greatly app. thanks Tom

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
What kind of service do you need done, and does it need to be a mod friendly dealer if you are pullied and such.

The 3 off the top of my head are:

Rizza Ford in Orland Park (some people don't like them, I never had problems with them)

Packey-Webb Ford in Downers Grove area (SVT meeting are there)

Sutton Ford in Matteson (probably a hike for you)

sonicblue2003 said:
Can anyone rec. a dealer close to them that is good. how is Oakfield? been meaning to bring the car in for somethings i want taken care of. but dont like leaving it I know that sounds stuiped but thats how i feel. lol It does not seem like they have SVT techs working on them at West Field, i would rather do the work myself but it still have the Facorty war. any advice or info would be greatly app. thanks Tom

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
sonicblue2003 said:
I bought my Sonic Blue 03 Cobra used from Oakfield Ford, and as far as the salesmen, they're probably among the nicest dealership I've ever met. I never have had the expierience with the service department *knocks on wood* but I would imagine if their salesmen are so nice, the service department can't be that bad....give 'em a shot!!

-Mike

04svt

Screeming Yellow
Aug 31, 2005
They suck stay away

I took my 04 cobra in for a leak in my rear end housing, fine they took care of that but they tore off the front right side of my bumper off??? which had nothing to do with what they were working on :mad: so i had to fight them and finally i got a new bumper and said never again to west field ford. :nono:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
You guys want to crack up.....check this out. (Sorry for the length, I could say this sssooo fast as well as crack you up while telling it.)

I put 500.00 down on a "sticker deal" for my 03 Cobra at Hawkinson Ford on Tuesday 3-29-02 and the next day Wednesday I drove into Westfield Ford....if that's the name, I'm not sure but it is the same one Mikes talking about on LaGrange Rd. & Joliet Rd in Hodgkins....anyway I drove in becasue there was an 01 Cobra in there and I just wanted to see it because I hadn't been in a Mustang for years. This young kid come out and begs me to ask for a demo because his boss is driving him nuts. I figure WTF I'll check it out and so we drive, and the car is cool, but I tell him no way, I want an 03 so he begs me to allow his boss to quote me and so I sit down and try to deal with those A**HOLES and sure enough within about 10 minutes I am so mad I say scew you jackasses, I'm out of here and as I walk to my car the guys is following me and appoligizing and asking me to reconsider and he follows me all the way to my Tahoe. I get in ignoring him the whole way and then decide to exit the lot on the Joliet side so as to avoid him alltogether and BAM I hit a light pole and smash in the drivers & passenger doors on my Tahoe. I freeked...I could not belive it, I couldn't get out, the guy ran in and all the people who watched him follow me out saw me crash and it was sssooo embarrasing.

I finally got out and went in and said..."Go ahead and laugh, anyone of you, and I swear it will take a gun to stop me from killing any one of you assholes".

Well knowbody laughed in my face but I made them let me go and NOT have to call the police. I called them anyway and told them that if they got a call that I was told they didn't want anything for the paint rubbed onto the pole.

That claim forced my rates up 22% for the Cobra for the last 3 years. I cheated by putting it in my wifes name as a pleasure car and beat the system, but the rate on my Tahoe was up also.

So yeah...stay away from those jerks they suck! They wouldn't accept that their salesman distracted me and no lawyer would take the case for a lawsuit....too much work for the pussy's I called I guess. I hate lawyers too.

$5500.00 to fix the Tahoe, $5500.00. Those BASTARDS. I wrote Ford and everything and I told them all I could to get them to take responsibility for that dealer, and they did nothing, nothing, because they can't do anything as a supplier, and so I am NOT mad at Ford, but that dealer...I know we have cost them some sales, and we will for a long time.

Oh yeah and that kid...he calls me to say the Cobra's are in now...why don't you come check them out? I said OK, I'm not mad any more. So I showed up in my Brand new 03 and on my way out I smoked those tires all the way past the Turle Wax Car Wash and then some. You should have seen his face when he saw me pull in. The truck hit Hawkinson first...yeha. He was asking where I got it because there was no stupid tag on the back of the car and I just laughed and said Screw you and this dealer, I ain't telling you shit.

Also...I have'nt been able to back up without an unusul fear ever since. I feel like I got robbed that day, and I did. Luckily it was an easy fix due to the way a Tahoe is built, you'd never know I did it. It's nice to have body shop friends.

sonicblue2003

AKA 1SLOWFOX
Nov 9, 2004
woodridge
That is a pretty good story, sorry that happened too you. My car has no real mods, C.A.I, and C.B. thats all. It just that I always had a bad feeling about that place, only left my car there one time, (was worried about it the whole time LOL). To me it seems like they treat you as some1 who bought a base focus.... not knockin no-1 not a 35,000 car. plus they don't even fix what u brought it in for.. just my o 2 thanks O jake nothing really wrong want some little this taken care of be4 war. ends, its still a baby, only 10,600 on her :eek: :eek:

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Yes that's the packey-webb I am talking about. They are an SVT dealer and they host the Windy City Chicago SVT meetings.

sonicblue2003 said:
Packey-Webb Ford in Downers Grove area (SVT meeting are there) I searched that dearler is says that they r on1830 E. Roosevelt Rd.
Wheaton, IL 60187 is that the place ur r taking about? thanks
i know there is a Ford on Rt83 between 63rd and 75 st, any 1 know if they r SVT?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info