• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

can some one help me out

LSX7

ridng dirty
Oct 9, 2005
hey guys i was talking to boost12 and we were talking and trying to figure out what the lightning stock bottom end chould handle....1 for horse power.....2 for boost... and what the weak points in that motor are im trying to figure out what i wana do this winter so i wanted to know my points of what i can do...... so thanks :woot:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
struckby29 said:
hey guys i was talking to boost12 and we were talking and trying to figure out what the lightning stock bottom end chould handle....1 for horse power.....2 for boost... and what the weak points in that motor are im trying to figure out what i wana do this winter so i wanted to know my points of what i can do...... so thanks :woot:

The general consensous is that the rods will let go over 450 hp. Boost is a different issue. I know people (on this board even) who ran 8lb lowers safely on a stock block. But, looking to it, anything much over a 6lb lower will bring you over 450hp.

B

Boost12

dam zac that sucks that the Rods let go at 450. lol Considering thats where your at now with barly any mods!!! I dont understand why this 5.4 can be such a shitty motor compared to the 4.6 of the cobra :confused: Someone at ford should have done there work a little better :argue:

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
8lber is a lot. You better watch your A/Fs real close or you'll be looking for a new block as well.

One theory on running that much boost safely involves making sure the beast breathes as openly as it can - meaning a ported blower, long tubes, and high flow cats. Other than that, the occasional prayer that your rods hold together won't hurt. You're right at the danger point.

A couple of people here have nice built engines. May be a couple will chime in for you. Other than that, you should show up and chat at a get together, otherwise a discussion like what you are looking for could take hundreds of posts and cost millions of lives.

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
go to johny lightnings website. theres a rebuild kit for 1100 or something like that. brings the power ability to 700 i think. if your gonna go with a shortblock, high priced go with sean hyland motorsports or johny lightning his isnt to highly priced either. FYI your trans and fuel need to be uprgraded around much past 500hp as well

LSX7

ridng dirty
Oct 9, 2005
i have a valve body in the trans now but its needs more i think all in all this will be a fun winter with a broke lil kid name zac :( but yeah there is a place righ in st. charles where im gonna get my motor done at im going there tomorrow so i let you know on that but other wise im just gonna get rods and pistons but now port on a blower im thinking whipple if i can get the green.... but most likley not but well see starting a new job is always fun.... I NEED A SUGAR MOMMA LOL

B

Blown318

struckby29 said:
i have a valve body in the trans now but its needs more i think all in all this will be a fun winter with a broke lil kid name zac :( but yeah there is a place righ in st. charles where im gonna get my motor done at im going there tomorrow so i let you know on that but other wise im just gonna get rods and pistons but now port on a blower im thinking whipple if i can get the green.... but most likley not but well see starting a new job is always fun.... I NEED A SUGAR MOMMA LOL

make sure the engine builder knows what he is doing! and have fun trying to find a whipple for a lightning, I think there is maybe 2 in existance right now :dunno: and u better get that suger momma cause lightnings get expensive to build real fast!!!!! :lmao:

LSX7

ridng dirty
Oct 9, 2005
PearlBlue L said:
the stock valve springs cant take on a kb or whipple at like 18psi... too much boost pushing on them and they wont seat all the way down
so after that do you need new valve springs and valves or what????? idk this winter should be fun if my money tree in my back yard get a lil bigger with that miracal grow............. :laughing2

P

PearlBlue L

struckby29 said:
so after that do you need new valve springs and valves or what????? idk this winter should be fun if my money tree in my back yard get a lil bigger with that miracal grow............. :laughing2
you would want to talk to an engine builder about that. i had mine replaced when i got ported heads put in and stage 2 cams

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info