• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Steggy Stage III on the way!! Do I have to get a new tune??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I tried the search, but it isnt working. I got a great deal on the Stage 3 port on Modfords.com and its actually GP through Steelcitystangs.com, it will be going out in a week or two. My mods are listed below, and I was wondering if a re-tune is required from only adding the Stage 3 port. I am adding a 4lb. lower around New Years (RWTD) and will be getting a new tune then, along with a BAP, MAFia, and maybe 60 lbers. I just want to know if I will be safe until then A/F ratio wise?? I will probably dyno just to be sure but for other people with the port, did it change your A/F much?? Thanks

Jason

PS: My car will be the guinea pig, anyone want to help with the removal??? Or reinstall, I want to worm gear / zip tie everything and I'm not sure which lines to do?? I'll buy beer and pizza :alcoholic :D

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
You will most likely lean the a/f out, since you'll be pushing more air in while the blower spins the same speed as before. I wouldn't do it w/o a tune, or I would limp it out of boost until it comes I was nervouse going from a 3.5 to a 3.4 upper on my 2.2. I don't want to be reading a post about Jason's melted piston.

Just drive your DD until Jan, when we port. There salt on the road, anyways, Starck.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
You will most likely lean the a/f out, since you'll be pushing more air in while the blower spins the same speed as before. I wouldn't do it w/o a tune, or I would limp it out of boost until it comes I was nervouse going from a 3.5 to a 3.4 upper on my 2.2. I don't want to be reading a post about Jason's melted piston.

Just drive your DD until Jan, when we port. There salt on the road, anyways, Starck.

True dat, I just got my sweet 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee.......bring on the f'in snow, I want to go skitchin!!! :headbang:

sschassis

Senior Nilater
Jul 6, 2005
firstsvt said:
I tried the search, but it isnt working. I got a great deal on the Stage 3 port on Modfords.com and its actually GP through Steelcitystangs.com, it will be going out in a week or two. My mods are listed below, and I was wondering if a re-tune is required from only adding the Stage 3 port. I am adding a 4lb. lower around New Years (RWTD) and will be getting a new tune then, along with a BAP, MAFia, and maybe 60 lbers. I just want to know if I will be safe until then A/F ratio wise?? I will probably dyno just to be sure but for other people with the port, did it change your A/F much?? Thanks

Jason

PS: My car will be the guinea pig, anyone want to help with the removal??? Or reinstall, I want to worm gear / zip tie everything and I'm not sure which lines to do?? I'll buy beer and pizza :alcoholic :D

i might be selling stig stage four with a Accufab elbow its good for 50hp with this setup
then i will decide about a month from now if i going to sell it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info