• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ford giving me a new motor butt............

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
BIGONTS said:
I just had my Ford tech call me and said that they are going to replace my motor under warranty and it will be covered for another 36/30,000. However, they say it would be a Ford Co. remanufactured motor not a nice new motor from blower to oil pan as you sometimes see on eBay, etc…. It will only be from heads to oil pan. No intake, blower, etc. included. He said that they work great and look new (components) when they come. They have mostly new components because Ford doesn't use anything from blown up ones cuz there isn't nothing salvageable and that they would put warranty on. I’m think I’m fine with it and trust my tech. He said exact same components as stock 03/04 Cobra motors. One of the reasons is that they do not have any brand new ones laying around.

Any opinions or experience from people who had their motors replaced??

Thanks

I'd say your pretty lucky since we all know what happened to your motor.

BIGONTS

Addict
May 23, 2005
cobravenom39 said:
He he he he he. He asked me real nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, thanks for the hook-up :toast: and positive comments from others.

I know I was going to get some smart a$$ remarks from others. Just looking for some info about these remanufactured motors.

I didn't pull anything. Just took the car back in same way as I bought it.

fireball168

Regular
Sep 17, 2005
BIGONTS said:
You are right. It's not Ford's fault and maybe they shouldn't pay for it. They designed the car for performance and maybe those vacuum lines should be better and not the same as on any of their other cars. It's not an NA motor and shouldn't have those parts on it. Later on down the road if the lines/fittings get any kind of moisture on them or oil, rot, etc.., and get weaker, they will come off under boost.

Maybe I'm not going to do the most honest thing, but what the hell, I'm willing to try it. I'm sure I'm not the first to do it either and their pockets are waaay deeper then mine. I had a bunch of things in my life go wrong that weren't my fault at all and I had to pay for them. Yeah, it does soud kind of shitty but I can live with it. Put yourself in my shoes. It's warranty and sort of like insurance. That's what I paid thousands of dollars for.

Have you considered the fact that YOUR engine is going to be sent back for remanufacturing, with a core tag from the dealer with your VIN and the repairing dealer information?

When that engine is tore down, and it will be, someone is going to be asking the dealer some serious questions.

Once click of a button in Dearborn, and your Cobra is out of the "insurance you paid thousands of dollars for"....and the dealership that did you a "favor" is left holding the bill.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
fireball168 said:
Have you considered the fact that YOUR engine is going to be sent back for remanufacturing, with a core tag from the dealer with your VIN and the repairing dealer information?

When that engine is tore down, and it will be, someone is going to be asking the dealer some serious questions.

Once click of a button in Dearborn, and your Cobra is out of the "insurance you paid thousands of dollars for"....and the dealership that did you a "favor" is left holding the bill.

Did you see his earlier post regarding the day He Smoked that Engine?

This IS a Best Case Scenario - He is a Lucky Bastard - He gets a Running Car Back, No Cash Out of Pocket. That's the Trick. Once He's Out, go ahead - BILL HIM - BahHaHaHaHaHa !! ! ! !!!! ! Like You'll see THAT Check in the Mail :lmao:
Cancel His Warranty? - pfffftt - Already GOT His money out of That One.

FWIW - The Dealership is the One Holding the Bag on this one, and the Chances of the Rebuilding House Noticing or giving a damn are Slim and None. They think THEY Pulled off a Fast One "Sticking" YOU with a Reman.

Take the Money and RUN ! ! ! :biggthump

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
fireball168 said:

BIGONTS said:
It's warranty and sort of like insurance. That's what I paid thousands of dollars for.

dun4791 said:
Im sorry but I dont see how purchasing a car gives you the right to modification insurance.

He got modification insurance when he bought the car. :rolleyes:

The 3/36 new warranty on your remanufactured engine is a lucky break for you. I purchased a Dell computer @ my last house, moved to a new house and did not install it until 11 months after purchase. Then once installed the hard drive went out within a week. Called dell (India), and they sent tech to replace drive, worked for a month and went out again. Called dell and now I was 53 ~ 54 weeks since system delivery date and warranty was expired. Told them that the NEW hard drive they put in was defective and did not work more than a month and they said 1-yr warranty is on total system and not each individual part.

Although there might be better laws for consumers regarding automobiles, I know of people that replaced alternators just before warranty expiration and then had another one go just after warranty expiration and they did not goodwill the one after warranty expiration. So for you to get a new 3/36 is kind of lucky imo.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
BIGONTS said:
I just had my Ford tech call me and said that they are going to replace my motor under warranty and it will be covered for another 36/30,000. However, they say it would be a Ford Co. remanufactured motor not a nice new motor from blower to oil pan as you sometimes see on eBay, etc…. It will only be from heads to oil pan. No intake, blower, etc. included. He said that they work great and look new (components) when they come. They have mostly new components because Ford doesn't use anything from blown up ones cuz there isn't nothing salvageable and that they would put warranty on. I’m think I’m fine with it and trust my tech. He said exact same components as stock 03/04 Cobra motors. One of the reasons is that they do not have any brand new ones laying around.

Any opinions or experience from people who had their motors replaced??

Thanks
If you dont mind me asking what did happen to your old motor?????

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
fireball168 said:

He will be fine. No UAW worker in Detroit is gonna try and prove something and do the aforementioned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info