• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which is better Whipple or K/B

P

PearlBlue L

if you can get a whipple cheaper go with it then. theres really not any key points on one being better then the other.

kb offers a 2.2 and a 2.4, whipple just has the 2.3

if your looking for 28+psi then you'll want a 2.4 kb.... but if your not looking to run that high then any one of the three choices are great.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
depends on the vendor you get it from. supposedly kenne-bell's customer service is "lacking" but i say that without having exprienced it.

i'd like it if someone could tell me for sure which one has lower iat2 temps at a given psi of boost (and post a graph of the datalog)

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
depends on the vendor you get it from. supposedly kenne-bell's customer service is "lacking" but i say that without having exprienced it.

i'd like it if someone could tell me for sure which one has lower iat2 temps at a given psi of boost (and post a graph of the datalog)

kb customer service has been VERY good to me.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:

John,

I have several datalogs (primarily from Summer) from pulls I made on the Whipple. Some are 1st-4th gear, some 3rd-4th, and some 4th gear only. They're on my home computer. I'll PM some to you when I get home.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Wiked03 said:
They are both good blowers, I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Whipple had halted their production though, they might be difficult to locate.
I can get one through fordracingparts.com thats where I get the discount. They still advertise the whipple its $3400. Why did whipple stop the manufacturing?

B

Boost12

oh no its hard to compare these two blowers!!! From what I have read both blowers are great... at 19 Psi with supporting fuel mods both blowers seem to make colse to 600whp with a Safe tune and with race gas at 22psi plus they make gobs of power but heat soak fast. It just comes down to what you want. If you want a 1/4 mile car then do the new Steg Port and spin the shit out of it with high boost and do some N20. If you want the crazy power all the time do a whipple or kennybell and run 19psi. And if you really wanna be crazy then follow Eric and eddies footsteps and do a turbo setup and make 700 plus whp and have an Expressway nut!!! Or Just wait for my cobra to be done this spring and I will show you sumthing a little diffrent from most Cobras in the area :headbang:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Boost12 said:
oh no its hard to compare these two blowers!!! From what I have read both blowers are great... at 19 Psi with supporting fuel mods both blowers seem to make colse to 600whp with a Safe tune and with race gas at 22psi plus they make gobs of power but heat soak fast. It just comes down to what you want. If you want a 1/4 mile car then do the new Steg Port and spin the shit out of it with high boost and do some N20. If you want the crazy power all the time do a whipple or kennybell and run 19psi. And if you really wanna be crazy then follow Eric and eddies footsteps and do a turbo setup and make 700 plus whp and have an Expressway nut!!! Or Just wait for my cobra to be done this spring and I will show you sumthing a little diffrent from most Cobras in the area :headbang:
Yea definetly keep me posted PM sometime and let me know how youre doing w it. Whats the deal with the new Steg port? After its ported does it still heat soak like crazy?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
dun4791 said:
PM me if you decide to go with the Whipple- I can get you a better price on it........

Also the KB is the same price considering all of the extras you get with it.........Lyle
What kind of a deal can you get through whipple I also can get a deal through Ford. I prefer the look of the whipple NO OFFENSE to anyone but the kenne bell looks like a FLAT IRON SKILLET, but I guess its not the looks its what it can do. The whipple looks more stock and I kind of want to stick w that. Thanks Dan

FuelSlut said:
What kind of a deal can you get through whipple I also can get a deal through Ford. I prefer the look of the whipple NO OFFENSE to anyone but the kenne bell looks like a FLAT IRON SKILLET, but I guess its not the looks its what it can do. The whipple looks more stock and I kind of want to stick w that. Thanks Dan

call me on Monday and I will give you a price 312 735 4847 or I will try to catch you at work..................Lyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info