• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

More new bests at Byron today...

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Well it was the last day for Byron today, and a few of us made the trek out there despite the crazy winds.

The 20-35 mph wind was blowing directly across the track all day and it gusted up to damn near 50 mph. It even knocked over a pot-o-john. :eek:

Track was hooking pretty well though, and I was able to rip off a few good runs.

Got a new best of 11.63 @ 119.8, then backed it up with an 11.67. :headbang: :headbang:

Also had 3 more runs in the 11.70s, so it was pretty consistent. :clap:

Also got an new best of 97.01 mph in the 1/8!

Bad news is, I think I have finally reached the end for my stock clutch. If I tried to make passes too close together, the trans was impossible to shift... which resulted is some nice 13 second runs and the wonderful stink of a fried clutch. :lmao: Knew that had to be coming though, since I have 30k miles and over 100 passes on the stocker.

If the clutch were in better shape, I know I could have hit an 11.5x, but there is always next year.

Got a vid of the two best runs, but they are from in the car. I will get em up eventually.

I will let the other guys recap their times, but I wasn't the only one with a new best today. :biggthump

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Well it was the last day for Byron today, and a few of us made the trek out there despite the crazy winds.

The 20-35 mph wind was blowing directly across the track all day and it gusted up to damn near 50 mph. It even knocked over a pot-o-john. :eek:

Track was hooking pretty well though, and I was able to rip off a few good runs.

Got a new best of 11.63 @ 119.8, then backed it up with an 11.67. :headbang: :headbang:

Also had 3 more runs in the 11.70s, so it was pretty consistent. :clap:

Also got an new best of 97.01 mph in the 1/8!

Bad news is, I think I have finally reached the end for my stock clutch. If I tried to make passes too close together, the trans was impossible to shift... which resulted is some nice 13 second runs and the wonderful stink of a fried clutch. :lmao: Knew that had to be coming though, since I have 30k miles and over 100 passes on the stocker.

If the clutch were in better shape, I know I could have hit an 11.5x, but there is always next year.

Got a vid of the two best runs, but they are from in the car. I will get em up eventually.

I will let the other guys recap their times, but I wasn't the only one with a new best today. :biggthump

Oh man I am pissed, thats not what I wanted to hear Carl, it was so cold I thought the track would be slippery and there would be a headwind so I pussed out, G/F talked me out of it...man I am an asshole, cars musta been flyin....... nice job on the PB though, thats gettin pretty damn quick for an upper only car, awesome stuff :headbang: Get a clutch in that thing for next year with some naussssss and hold on

Howd Larry and Andy do???? I demand answers this evening :D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
firstsvt said:
Oh man I am pissed, thats not what I wanted to hear Carl, it was so cold I thought the track would be slippery and there would be a headwind so I pussed out, G/F talked me out of it...man I am an asshole, cars musta been flyin....... nice job on the PB though, thats gettin pretty damn quick for an upper only car, awesome stuff :headbang: Get a clutch in that thing for next year with some naussssss and hold on

Howd Larry and Andy do???? I demand answers this evening :D

You missed a good time Jason. Barely anybody there. I got 13 passes without even trying. It was like running at MSC. The crosswind was strong, but it really wasn't an issue for the 4 of us. It was so cold that I couldn't use my race pulley because it was boosting too high. :eek:

I'll let Andy and Ray talk about how they did. My car was running good all day with several trap speeds of 127+. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten the knack of getting out of the hole well with the DFX on DRs. :dunno: My 60 fts. sucked all day (only cracked the 1.7's once or twice). My best pass was an 11.28@127+. Had a few 11.3's and a the rest were mostly 11.4's. If I could have launched like I was earlier in the year with the dual puck, an 11.0-11.1 was there for the taking.
The air was great, Carl said DA was 40-100 ft. all day. :headbang:

I'm gonna see if Andy can get me the footage from his camcorder, combine it with mine and put something together. There are several passes where we have both in-car and external footage which should make for a nice video.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Wiked03 said:
Where I come from, people that don't care... don't ask. :p

I just checked my timeslips, and I had a 11.70@123mph. I was below 12's all but 2 or my 8 or 9 runs. The tires are awesome, but I still have a lot to learn about launching. It seems everytime I went up I ended up behind some front or all wheel drive car that drove throught the fucking water. I have a feeling I'll be in the low 11's before I know it. Lot of fun, and there was a few times when NO One was running. Very Glad I went.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
PET PEEEVE!!!!!!!!@!@#@#$#$%%$

no, you COULDN'T care any less. if you could care less, that means you care!

that and "could of" bug the living fuck out of me.

ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK IT MOTHERFUCKER
pf_sam.gif

hj16 said:
I could care less, its just that he hadnt chimed in.

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
It was extremely cold but well worth the drive ! There was no one there, I only made 3 runs though but got my best on my nitto's!!! it was 11.47 @ 125. shit this summer I got a best of 11.8 in the heat @ 41 so I guess track prep was good huh? Anyway it was fun, see you guy's next april my car is going to sleep now...............

Ray

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info