• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Whipple Questons.....!!! ASAP HELP

B

Boost12

I found a guy that is selling a used Whipple 2.3 blower. He told me that the car made 540whp at 15 psi wich sounds about right but what I was woundering is. Can the Whipple 2.3 make the same amount or more power then a kennybell 2.2..?? I tryed to look around but couldent find too much on whipples. I just dont wanna buy the whipple if its not just as likely to make as much or more HP than the kennybell 2.2. Thanks much guys and if all goes well I will be sending the guys a downpayent on the blower :headbang:

B

Boost12

man this sux now though because I just read a bunch of shit about guys having problums with the whipples. Does anyone know or have had any problums with there whipple..?? GNXS DANA..? I really wanted to do a whipple but Im kind of leaning towards a kennybell now from what I just read... :dunno:

B

Boost12

hj16 said:
The Whipples on average from what Ive seen tend to make better power than the 2.2L KBs. And 540rwhp at 15psi is pretty low.
yea I can see what your saying about that power being low but he told me that it was 80 plus degrees when he had the car on the dyno... I found a guy selling a kennybell for about the same price so Im not sure what to do as of now.

oldmodman

Vehicular Antique
Feb 15, 2005
One thing to keep in mind is that if you try to compare KB vs Whipple pulley sizes they don't give the same boost. The KB and Whipple have different internal gear ratios. And I have never seen a comparison on Boost vs Pulley Diameter.
But if you only compare boost you will get almost exactly the same HP. The Whipple may be factionally higher since it displaces 2.3L while the KB displaces 2.2 Not enough to even worry about.
I got a Whipple because I liked the way it looks. And I got the polished one :bling:

Vobraman

Addict
Jul 15, 2005
I have a friend in st. louis with the whipple and he is having some problems with it. I have had no problems w the KB. They both are good blowers but after doing my research and talking w KB, it was a done deal. so therefore, I vote KENNE BELLLLLLLLLLLL !!
good luck

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Vobraman said:
I have a friend in st. louis with the whipple and he is having some problems with it. I have had no problems w the KB. They both are good blowers but after doing my research and talking w KB, it was a done deal. so therefore, I vote KENNE BELLLLLLLLLLLL !!
good luck

I agree with Vobraman. The second Gen KB was the best blower for me, if you take all the add one(TB, BAP, ect into consideration) it was the best deal out there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info