• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

IRS Brace?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Every. It holds the Differential together under wheel hop and hard launches. If my memory serves me right I had a shitton of wheel hop even when I was stock. Hell, at MSC2 one of the first cars down the track was a stock 03 that hopped and blew the diff apart.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Mystic Terminator said:
The MM bushings are aluminum front and back. Do you not think this will stop the pumpkin from exploding? MM told me it would prevent it. It sounds logical to me since it positively holds the front and back.

I was just trying to point out that they won't do much for the structural integrity of the thin-as-hell aluminum cover that tends to crack.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
on SVTOA.com forums, they will tell you otherwise - that it is a waste of money and does nothing. Apparently most of the mods I've done are useless and a waste of money .... I believe the IRS brace is very important since I've seen the covers blow.

I don't know what is wrong with those SVTOA.com guys .. they even think are batteries and alternators are good parts :dunno:

HURTNEM said:
Does EVERY 03-04 Cobra need one or just once you get to a certain amount of HP? Thanx

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Wiked03 said:
I was just trying to point out that they won't do much for the structural integrity of the thin-as-hell aluminum cover that tends to crack.

Agreed, but if the thin-as-hell aluminum cover is held positively to the IRS carries with (2) bolts that are torqued to 76 ft/lbs and the front of the diff is helt positively to the carrier with an additional cross brace and it is torqued to like 52 ft/lbs(?), would this not accomplish the same thing in a different way?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info