• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

15" drag wheel... HELP!!

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
If you get CenterLines instead of Welds you won't need longer studs.

I'm not sure exactly what setup you need for IRS but for the fronts I run a 15 x 4 Centerline Telstar (I think the BS is 1.75 but it don't matter cause they only make one size in a 5x4.5). If you don't want to grind on your caliper or get longer studs you can get a 1.25 inch spacer with studs on ebay for $55. The tires will stick out a little but but it's not that obnoxious.

Otherwise I think you can get 3 inch studs and a 5/8 (I think) spacer and grind the shit out of your caliper.

Also, PHP has a kit to convert to GT front brakes for $250 but you still end up with a 1/4 spacer and longer studs.

Brutal04

Regular
Sep 9, 2004
Illinois
Wharf Rat said:
If you get CenterLines instead of Welds you won't need longer studs.

I'm not sure exactly what setup you need for IRS but for the fronts I run a 15 x 4 Centerline Telstar (I think the BS is 1.75 but it don't matter cause they only make one size in a 5x4.5). If you don't want to grind on your caliper or get longer studs you can get a 1.25 inch spacer with studs on ebay for $55. The tires will stick out a little but but it's not that obnoxious.

Otherwise I think you can get 3 inch studs and a 5/8 (I think) spacer and grind the shit out of your caliper.

Also, PHP has a kit to convert to GT front brakes for $250 but you still end up with a 1/4 spacer and longer studs.

I don't mind getting longer studs for the rear but not the front. I don't like the "grind the shit out of your caliper" part. :eek: Do you have any pics of you setup?

BTW.. Thanks for the info.. :biggthump

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
Check on modfords and lookup broke7 or search for telstars. There are lots of good pics there. Here's mine.

Oh yeah, those Bogarts would be the shit, too.

Attachments

• race1.jpg
    race1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 18
  • race2.jpg
    race2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 11
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info