• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

T56 is pretty tough? Damn right it is!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Many of you don't know that I have been just sick to my stomach since 9-14-05 waiting to find out about my trans and clutch. Well at 22,000 miles and 125 passes and it locked in fourth at the end of a run.
I couldn't get it out of gear for about 5 min and then it did drive me home. I'm just lucky that way, I always get home from the track, albeit last time I was worried all 40 miles.

So what did it need when they opened it up?????? All new synchros, new second gear, (it was torn to shreds) & new reverse gear. (WTF) no third? I couldn't believe it. So I upgraded to billet aluminum keys and brass blocker rings, whipdy do, ain't much but it don't need much, it has done it's job and I'll never have to go back in there BECAUSE I won't take as many passes.

Mcleod twin came back with an A OK and so I was wrong thinking I SMOKED IT! Trust me the difference between breakin and brand new was a lot.

I STILL want TO RACE A FEW MORE TIMES THIS YEAR AND IF I CAN GET IT TO GLD or BYRON BEFORE THEY CLOSE, IMOBETHERE......AND I HOPE Y'ALL WILL JOIN ME......FOR AN ASS WHOOP'N!

Oh how I hate it when they break down....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Since 1964
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list