• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03-04 cobra performance coil packs now available

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
people have been making 450+hp with breaker point distributors for 40 years. you already have a breakerless ignition with a coil pack for each spark plug, AND its already doing a version of multiple spark discharge.

what are you hoping to gain by these?

the placebo effect is very powerful.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I'm a little intrigued by these for the 3.4 DOHC SHO Motor's I work with. They could be close enough on price to try if I can get them to fit

The Coils on the 3.4 V8 are similar, but different enough from the Cobra ones not to swap easily. These coils on the SHO go for ~$190.00 each at the Ford Dealer. Aftermarket Wells Brand coils sell for ~$60.00 each @ Murrays Discount Auto. How much do the Cobra Coils normally sell for?
The 3.4 coils are a HUGE PITA to change on Cyl's 1 - 4 because of the Unique Intake Manifold.
Anyhow, the SHO Coils fail alot from heat and I'm wondering how these would do if one could switch the boots and make a few mounting mods to hold the coil where it needs to be in the SHO Motor.
Has somebody got a shot of the Cobra Coil Electrical plug so I can see if it matches the Squared SHO Coil Plug?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info