• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help rolling fender

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
fireball168 said:
http://www.eastwood.com/shopping/pr...mID=6159&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=roller

Probably could get enough people together on something like this to make it pretty cheap....
When I was interested in rolling my fenders, EVERYONE told me to stay away from that Eastwood Fender Roller. This is a hell of a project. I interview at least 13 body shop and not ONE would dare touch this project because thay all agreed that you WILL crack your paint. I have since abandoned said project for something more lucrative......the titty-bar, of course!!

-Mike

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
If you use Ray's fender roller and a heat gun it will be fine. I was there when Ray did his. The only reason the one side got messed up was because Ray had cut the inside lip in 2 places and that is where it kinked. The other side turned out perfect. Ray has a pretty nice fender roller.

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
there a guy on the chicagoland mustang boards (he might be on here) with a shit load of show stuff done to his 03 cobra. hes got a realy nice fender roller. if you guys cant get ahold of your guy ray i can find out if i could borrow this one. hes a realy nice guy and im sure hed have no problem letting us use it.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Shaggy said:
there a guy on the chicagoland mustang boards (he might be on here) with a shit load of show stuff done to his 03 cobra. hes got a realy nice fender roller. if you guys cant get ahold of your guy ray i can find out if i could borrow this one. hes a realy nice guy and im sure hed have no problem letting us use it.

He pm'd me back and told me I could use it. It's really nice of you to offer to get it for me. I'll let you know if it falls through with Ray.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i may have a heat gun, but i definately dont have a baseball bat. im not exactly the "stick and ball sports" type....

cobravenom39 said:
John, do you think you could help me do this on the 18th when we go to matt's to help him put his parts on??? I'm prepared financially for the body shop if it goes wrong. Do you have a bat and heat gun???? Let me know, b/c I need to do this and have no place to do it!!

GRNENVY

Apr 25, 2004
yo

I rolled my rear quarters with an adjustible wrench and a heat gun. It turned out perfect and I didn't crack the paint. I opened the wrench up a little more then the thickness of the metal and slid the wrench over the part you want to bend up. Slowly bend the metal up a little at a time while moving across the quarter. It takes some time to do this with perfection but it does work and it didn't cost me anything. Don't forget to heat the metal real good with the heat gun before bending. Also here's another trick get two diff size adjustible wrenches so you can choose which one is more comfortable when bending. Also rap electical tape around the opening of the wrench where you slid it over the metal so it doesn't mar the paint. It will take you a minute to get the adj wrench set right but once you do its free sailing. Good luck and I won't charge anyone for the free info. lololol :)

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
cobravenom39 said:
He pm'd me back and told me I could use it. It's really nice of you to offer to get it for me. I'll let you know if it falls through with Ray.

no problem. let me know when you guys do this, id like to see how its done and it would be nice to meet some more of you guys. especialy now that i wont be the only guy with a GT.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
03CobraRed said:
So do your tires rub, is that why you are rolling your fenders? Mine have never come close? Sorry to sound stupid, my buddy had a 98 cobra that it rubbed all the time and he needed to do it badly.
I'm going with 335 Hoosier DOT's on a 10.5 wheel -Herman will be running the same setup as well- I will be spacing them 3/8 to 1/2" away from hub, So I can pretty much gaurantee they will rub, even with the fender rolled.

I want big MF'in meats on the back.

GRNENVY

Apr 25, 2004
I was the first cobra guy around to run that tire, 335 hoosier. Yes you will need longer studs and a 1/2 inch spacer from MM. They are wide but not that much wider then the 315 bfg drag radial. Yes they will rub only on the outside of the quarters if you hit a big pot hole or get a little air off a hill. I would recommand rolling the quarters and yes that is why I rolled mine. My quarters don't hit now. if you can drive the car real slow over hills and watch out for the holes you may be alright.
cobravenom39 said:
I'm going with 335 Hoosier DOT's on a 10.5 wheel -Herman will be running the same setup as well- I will be spacing them 3/8 to 1/2" away from hub, So I can pretty much gaurantee they will rub, even with the fender rolled.

I want big MF'in meats on the back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info