• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

broke my rear sway bar!?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
here are some pictures
sway_bar_3.jpg

sway_bar_2.jpg

sway_bar_1.jpg

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
yea im thinking about getting the roush one
but its funny because the rear suspension stuff fomr 94-04 are the same except the 99-04 cobra and roush swears up and down that there 94-98 rear sway bar wont fit my car at all...hmmm

stupid breaking cobra i want to buy cooler stuff....also my alternator is started to take a dump on itself

does anyone wanna donate to the "chris's car needs to stop being lame fund?" lol

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
ShelbyGuy said:
this is very common on all sn95 and square edge solid axle cars. aftermarket bars fasten differently.

if your suspension is otherwise stock, go for a stock bar again.

well when i have money next year im prolly going to get control arms as well i dont want to leave the cars suspention stock, but for now i would like to fix it and get a new sway bar, and since roush's is only 56 bucks im like y not? do u think that will have the fastening problem you were talking about ?

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
you may need to drill or weld in the framerail area with an aftermarket bar.

the factory setup where it bolts under the lower arm is ill-concieved so the aftermarket bars fit a bit differently. there's more than one way to skin a cat. all it does is connect the left side and right side with some spring steel.

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
well i got the roush bar...ordered it sunday night and it was here this morning before i got up, it ended up being 65.78 after shipping so that price kicks ass( and i got it directly from roush) and it bolts up the same way so i was happy about that, that i didnt have to do any modifications to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info