• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dyno with wideband O2 in the front o2 sensor location?

StangJason

Jun 11, 2005
Ok I want to start by saying I went to a dyno where the guy says I can't put the wideband O2 in the front O2 sensor location because it will trigger the engine light and mess up the dyno runs. The problem is that the rear O2 sensor is giving off readings I'm sure are much too leaner than they should be not allowing me to get a proper tune.

Here's my question: On the 03/04 Cobra's will the engine run properly for dyno runs and tuning if I have him put the wideband on the O2 anyways or the 03/04 Cobra an exception to earlier model Mustangs that I've read have no problems with this?

side note: my rear O2s are turned off

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
i run mine in my rear 02 location on the drivers side.. i asked a few trusted shops and said it was fine. my rears are turned off too

plenty of people out there tune with a sensor in the tail pipe, usually road tuning, so i highly doubt having it in the rear sensor location, like 3 ft further back will effect anything.

StangJason

Jun 11, 2005
I have the magnaflow x-pipe with catalytic converters :( . I was under the impression that I could remove the front O2 sensor and place the wideband O2 in it's place without affecting my dyno pulls so is this not true? I guess I'll be visiting the local muffler shop this weekend but I hope they have a plug for the hole they'll be making.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
StangJason said:
I have the magnaflow x-pipe with catalytic converters :( . I was under the impression that I could remove the front O2 sensor and place the wideband O2 in it's place without affecting my dyno pulls so is this not true? I guess I'll be visiting the local muffler shop this weekend but I hope they have a plug for the hole they'll be making.

The new bung will have a plug no worries. I don't think you can use the front ones, the computer needs those and might freak out without em.

slow lane

May 7, 2004
Pulling a front O2 sensor should have zero impact on dyno results. The computer doesn't use any of the stock sensors at wide open throttle, and won't go into any type of safe mode if you pull them at the dyno facility.

If you're going to be running your own wideband, get a bung installed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info