• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Auto Swap???? NEED HELP!!!!!

B

Boost12

I have been looking into it for a while now but I think im gonna go ahead with it over the winter time... But I was woundering if anyone had any links to sites with a direct swap 3 speed auto trans that bolts up to the cobra?? The goal for the car is to have some kind of 3 speed auto trans with a stall speed and a trans brake by spring along with a solid AXLE but I will probly run out of money before the axle gets put in but I want the trans for sure...

PS.. Hans you will have your hands full with this snake during the winter :biggthump

Thanks guys

Joey

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
direct swap? no.. nothing's that easy. go on modularfords.. a few have done c4/4r70w swaps

for a c4 you'll need an bell housing to adapt a c4 to a 4.6/5.4 mod motor, dipstick, depending on what headers you have you'll need to have proper clearance, get a nice converter, decide if you want a trans brake or not, what kind of valve body, be it manual, full manual, reverse manual valve body, check if the driveshaft will need to be lengthened/shortened, get the crossmember to work, etc.. etc

why not do a 4r70w? nice to have on the street with the overdrive, but still wont be cheap to build up..

why not keep the 6spd???

B

Boost12

yea I was reading alot about the Mach1 trans and a guy told me that there was like 5 other things along with the tranny to make it work but its not worth shit stock I would have to have it built to even make it worth while with my power levels.... I like the 6 speed and all but I would rather have a built 3 speed for racing but then it goes both ways because I would rather have a 6speed for the expressway so I duno what to do... :confused:

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Boost12 said:
yea I was reading alot about the Mach1 trans and a guy told me that there was like 5 other things along with the tranny to make it work but its not worth shit stock I would have to have it built to even make it worth while with my power levels.... I like the 6 speed and all but I would rather have a built 3 speed for racing but then it goes both ways because I would rather have a 6speed for the expressway so I duno what to do... :confused:
I can help you.......learn how to drive the 6speed, you'll be dissapointed with such a dedicated track car. Do you know how many of our mustang brethren would love your tranny????

B

Boost12

cobravenom39 said:
I can help you.......learn how to drive the 6speed, you'll be dissapointed with such a dedicated track car. Do you know how many of our mustang brethren would love your tranny????
learn how to drive... mmm considering when you went to the track andy from what I heard you should take some of your own advice ;) But like I said the 6speed rocks but the AUTO is way more consistant with high HP levels but I see where your coming from though because your probly right I dont really want an all out track car by any means...

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Boost12 said:
learn how to drive... mmm considering when you went to the track andy from what I heard you should take some of your own advice ;) But like I said the 6speed rocks but the AUTO is way more consistant with high HP levels but I see where your coming from though because your probly right I dont really want an all out track car by any means...

Whoa, whoa whoa.....put yer claws away!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how to drive, and I don't claim to be John Force. In my defense, I will say that I have my races recorded from inside the car and you can see the tach winding up like it's in neutral b/c the wheels are spinning, even in second and third. On another note, I didn't miss a shift the whole day. I had 13 runs from 12.1-12.3, which is pretty consistent.
Maybe I should have rephrased it like:

Learn to make the best out of the six-speed, there are many 1320 drivers in the 10's and even some in the 9's on the T-56.

I in no way meant to come off like a Dick.

B

Boost12

cobravenom39 said:
Whoa, whoa whoa.....put yer claws away!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how to drive, and I don't claim to be John Force. In my defense, I will say that I have my races recorded from inside the car and you can see the tach winding up like it's in neutral b/c the wheels are spinning, even in second and third. On another note, I didn't miss a shift the whole day. I had 13 runs from 12.1-12.3, which is pretty consistent.
Maybe I should have rephrased it like:

Learn to make the best out of the six-speed, there are many 1320 drivers in the 10's and even some in the 9's on the T-56.

I in no way meant to come off like a Dick.
ohh no I dident mean to come off as a dick at all if I did.... I know what ur saying though and I think I will stay with the 6spd because its so much more fun to drive sorry If that was out of line of me to post that :( I know what you mean though

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Boost12 said:
ohh no I dident mean to come off as a dick at all if I did.... I know what ur saying though and I think I will stay with the 6spd because its so much more fun to drive sorry If that was out of line of me to post that :( I know what you mean though

Don't worry about it, reading from a different point of view, my post could come off as smartass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list