• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hesitation, Flooding, & Fuel System Issues

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
I am having some issues with hesitation and flooding. I am not sure if they are the same problem or two different issues.

Mods on car

Stage III seg ported blower, inlet and TB
2.93 upper / 4lb lower
Boost a Pump with wire upgrade
60lb injectors
Diablosport MAFia
JLT high boost CAI
Catted x-pipe and cat back

Speed Inc tuned the car kinda rich and I have the BAP set around 15-20% range. Can this cooler weather be affecting my tune or fuel system since the car was tuned during 95-degree heat? Anybody got any ideas besides not beating on my car?

- First of all after a wide open throttle run and I let off the gas and get back on it the car hiccups and kinda stutters then starts going again. Kinda scary at 100mph plus.

- The other day I was running her pretty hard and then she would not idle and kept dieing out on me. I had to feather the shit out of the throttle until I got to a buddies house to let it sit. I let it sit for an hour and it started back up and drove fine.

- I did a John Force style 100 foot burnout and then the car died out and seemed to be flooded. I let it sit again for 20 minutes and it started back up.

Thanks in advance.

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
identical problem i had thursday at the track in the cold weather with my headlight pulled out.. blew the frps.. un plug and drive it, see what happens, you dont need to beat on it, just drive normal and if it idles and the driveability is better it's the frps

#3 coming tomorow :(

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
Smell your dipstick. Too bad you didn't live here yet, or I could smell it for you!!! Or if you think that's weird, I could have my gf sniff it. Let me know.

Nice - we could have Michelle come over and pass it around. :clap:

I go check it out later and see if gas got into the oil.

V

venmousracer

Look man,,, sounds that the bap is the issue with the cut off, at the power level you are at Jeff you do not need the bap.....Trust me it does the same in Eric's Car like a dead spot at any rpm......Eddie but what do I know Im a beaner

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
venmousracer said:
Look man,,, sounds that the bap is the issue with the cut off, at the power level you are at Jeff you do not need the bap.....Trust me it does the same in Eric's Car like a dead spot at any rpm......Eddie but what do I know Im a beaner

Yep - that dead spot kinda sucks also, is there anyway to avoid to fix it?

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
ChicagoMike said:
I'm curious to know how your BAP is wired, and is it full time or do you have a custom HOBBS switch to not let the BAP kick in until X PSI (mine is set at 8.5)[/QUOTE

I have the MJ chip wiring upgrade done by Hans with the Herman custom HOBBS switch. Not sure what it is set at, keep it at whatever herman sent it out to me at.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
I doubt the BAP is your problem. Maybe you're getting ready to lose an alternator like me? lol

10th03cobra said:
ChicagoMike said:
I'm curious to know how your BAP is wired, and is it full time or do you have a custom HOBBS switch to not let the BAP kick in until X PSI (mine is set at 8.5)[/QUOTE

I have the MJ chip wiring upgrade done by Hans with the Herman custom HOBBS switch. Not sure what it is set at, keep it at whatever herman sent it out to me at.

V

venmousracer

It dose not matter if the Bap is wired befor/or after, The bap is like a FMU except it increases voltage to the pumps.. I am telling you it is the bap or just the tune!!!!!!! either of these to things are the culprit, but what do I know Im a beaner and no one listens to me....Eddie

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
10th03cobra said:
ChicagoMike said:

Hermann sets them at 9psi,.....thats what yours is set for Jeff............Lyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info