• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what cams?

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
The crower stage IIIs are a good cam but were not intended for street use. Meaning low rpm and idle quality is very hard to tune for. It can be done, but can be time consuming (expensive). I think for the performance difference I would go with a stage II. Mike can probably clue you in on them more than anybody though.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
1badass96gt said:
The crower stage IIIs are a good cam but were not intended for street use. Meaning low rpm and idle quality is very hard to tune for. It can be done, but can be time consuming (expensive). I think for the performance difference I would go with a stage II. Mike can probably clue you in on them more than anybody though.

Kyle is right.. My drivability sucks and the car dies sometimes.. but like he said it can be fixed for a lot of $$.. So if you dont care about that then its all good. But i would go with stage II if you want the drivability still there.

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
1badass96gt said:
If you talk to Crower the stage IIIs are for race application. They were not intended to be a street cam, idle quality below 1800 rpms will be non existent according to them. Some people can deal with the draw backs to that radical of cams.

EHHH, get the Stage 3's over the winter and then have James or Herman tune it. Ask Dubs how much better his drove after Herman tuned it with the cams.

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
im debating doing cams before james comes down in jan. (mainly my wallet is debating, lol) would the expesnse of tuning the crower stage III's be excessive as opposed to the stage II's. i do want to keep it streetable but im not a pansy lol. i can deal with a little shit at low rpms but if its gonna be horrible unless i empty my bank to tune them then i dont know. hopefully that all made snese and you guys can help me decide.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info