• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

IRS bushings n shit

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
maybe someone can clear this up for me. on the MM website they have 3 different "packages" for IRS bushing and shit. the first and cheapest is $500 and the description is "upper and lower control arm bushings" now steeda sells "control arm bushing" for $80. WTF is the $420 difference!?!?!

Thanks to anyone who can help. all i want to do is get rid of wheel hop for as cheap as possible.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Shaggy said:
maybe someone can clear this up for me. on the MM website they have 3 different "packages" for IRS bushing and shit. the first and cheapest is $500 and the description is "upper and lower control arm bushings" now steeda sells "control arm bushing" for $80. WTF is the $420 difference!?!?!

Thanks to anyone who can help. all i want to do is get rid of wheel hop for as cheap as possible.

MM also has bushings for $79.95 They are urethane like the Steeda ones.

If you want Delrin from MM, thay are $498.68 like you said.

Delrin = Harder and machined bushing.
Urethane = More compliant and injection molded.

I would go urethane if your goal is to reduce wheel hop on the street and @ the drag strip. Delrin is more for the open track guys like Shelby.

Also consider stiffer springs and firmer shocks for the IRS. They should do more help than just about anything else.

Vince

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Shaggy
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list