• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Vortech Blower? Anybody hear anything about this?

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
1badass96gt said:
At most a few grand

Actually the Vortech setup will be pretty steep, too. $3,300 for the blower and intercooler is fine but to set it up you will also need the intake, tune, and the 3.55's won't cut it so add a gear swap and some 4.30's in there, too. Probably a BAP and injectors by the time you are done. So add an easy $2500+ to that price tag.

That would be a pretty badass setup, though.

03CobraRed

Mind Over Matter
Mar 17, 2004
The way I figure is that I am going to need to buy the whole fuel system anyways with any blower. Also I was thinking of just trying to set up a trade with somebody that has an 01 Cobra trade me their intake plus a little cash for my blower. That would help offset some of the occuring costs. I looked into the turbo setup but its just too much damn money, For now at least!

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Wharf Rat said:
Actually the Vortech setup will be pretty steep, too. $3,300 for the blower and intercooler is fine but to set it up you will also need the intake, tune, and the 3.55's won't cut it so add a gear swap and some 4.30's in there, too. Probably a BAP and injectors by the time you are done. So add an easy $2500+ to that price tag.

That would be a pretty badass setup, though.

For me all I would be doing is changing the head unit. I already run a vortech blower, on my GT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info