• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Saterday Night was a bad one!!

B

Boost12

I was driveing from 4 corners on 355 to strats last night and I pulled onto RT64 and my car just dident seem right to me and sure enoufgh 2 seconds later it blew a bunch of smoke out from the bottom and the motor shut off for the most part but I was able to coast into a BP gas station luckly. I was scared to look under the hood but when I popped it it was aparent what happend. My upper blower pully broke in half and it chewed the hell out of the belt. it was weird because it was such a clean break on the pully.. So to make a long night short I sat there for 2 hours and had the car towed out to Hans shop at like 4 am. Now I have to buy a new upper pully and a new belt but arnt sure wich to buy. Before I had the JDM upper with no Tensinor and had no problums with belt slip. But this time around Im going to get the same size upper but I want the tensinor pully as well. What is the best upper pully to buy and also what tensinor would work the best so I have no belt slip..???" where can I get it fast also." Any ideas on the best belt also because I wanna put the best upper pully set-up this time around but I wanna avoid the COG setup cause its too pricey.... Hopefully it will be the last time the COBRA is on a flatbed :crying: thanks 4 your help guys!!

Joey

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Boost12 said:
The car is currently tuned for a 280 pully so if I was to put a 276 would that make it Run Lean to the point where its unsafe... or would it be ok to raise the boost a few PSI wihtout a retune...??? :dunno:
You'll be fine with the 2.76 on a 2.80 tune. The difference is negligible

And for future reference....if you blow the blower belt you can still drive the car.

B

Boost12

hj16 said:
You'll be fine with the 2.76 on a 2.80 tune. The difference is negligible

And for future reference....if you blow the blower belt you can still drive the car.
wait I am totally lost on that website I dont see anywhere to where I can order the Tensinor Pully along with the 276 upper...?? Any direct links to where it shows exactly what I a m looking to oder.... :confused:

B

Boost12

Flatliner said:
That will work too! I forgot that they carried them... I can't find them on the website, but I do know they carry them.
yea I know I for got about them also! Do you think that if I put there 276 upper with the Tensinor on that I will be ok as far as Belt slip goes...??? I would hate to have belt slip after im done doing this because I had none before :confused: :confused:

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I have Bf upper 2.76 pulley and 4 pc idler set (in sonic blue of course) and I couldn't be HAPPIER :headbang: :burnout: no belt slip whatsoever and was able to use stock belt because of their newest snub idler bracket,very little belt dust also...........Doug is the Man :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info